12/29/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
Please remember that due to all the petitions and joining we’ve been doing over the last several weeks that we are now on many email lists for organizations that will most likely be seeking end-of-year charitable donations. While it may make for some less-than-desired email, please give what you can and be tolerant knowing that these organizations do so much good on our behalf.
- Join Friends of the Earth in opposing Scott Pruitt, a known climate-denier, for the head of EPA. http://action.foe.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=20837
- Stand with the League of Women Voters in asking our senators to oppose the repeal of the Affordable Care Act: http://participate.lwv.org/c/10065/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12595
- If you have not already seen it, watch the documentary Inequality for All. It is a documentary that follows former U.S. Labor Secretary Robert Reich as he looks to raise awareness of the country's widening economic gap. http://inequalityforall.com/ It is available on Nettflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, and may be viewed here, as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/comments/3oeh0o/inequality_for_all_2013_robert_reich_put_the_full/
- Show your support for the ACA by joining Team Obamacare at Organizing for Action, President Obama’s organizing arm: https://www.barackobama.com/join-team-obamacare/?
- Required reading: “How to Win Your Next Political Argument” will help us learn that conservatives simply value different things higher (loyalty, authority, and sanctity). Knowing how to appeal to them will help us when dealing with them. https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-win-your-next-political-argument-618064427
- Another effort to bring attention to the need to stop the certification of the Electoral College vote on January 6, please send this email message to these three Washington Post reporters: “Please look into the actions of Mark Pinsley, Unite for America, PA and others who are working on a petition to stop the vote in congress on Jan 6th, so that the full membership of Congress can spend 2 hours discussing voter suppression and foreign intervention in this years election. https://goo.gl/AwzpPt“ Use these three email addresses at the Washington Post: Adam.Entous@washpost.com and email@example.com and Fahrenhold@washpost.com
- If you live in New Jersey, callers are needed to contact Sen. Cory Booker’s office. They are considering the effort to create an objection in the Senate for the purpose of discussing voter suppression and foreign intervention. We need people IN New Jersey calling...please say something like --- Hi my name is XX. I know that Mark Pinsley of Unite for America and Ruby Sales of Sisters in Struggle have been in touch with your office to ask you to create an objection to be read at the joint session on Jan 6th. The objection is about Voter Suppression and Foreign intervention. I support this effort. I would also ask you to write and present this objection ---Bookers #202-224-3224
- Michael Moore’s “5 Things You Can Do Right Now About Donald J. Trump”: https://www.facebook.com/mmflint/posts/10154046637756857