12/20/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
- Were you, or someone you know, hurt by Steve Mnuchin and OneWest Bank’s predatory business practices? Please share your story. https://democrats.senate.gov/ForeclosureKing/#.WFSNnBsrLIU
- Here is a link to a call to action against Tom Price for HHS Secretary. It comes complete with contact info, scripts, talking points, Twitter handles, hashtags, and links to relevant statements from organizations as well as to online petitions and other calls to action -- all in one place. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgeC2oENnwxB3vM60Rc7HUB4EAN2lU0V9cF7kdzEfhs/edit
- Now in a .pdf version, Indivisible: a Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda https://www.indivisibleguide.com/
- This is a meme that conservatives are now sharing. It is the comments, however, that are so confusing. We really need to find ways to bring together our common values. I trust there are many. We have to help each other sort out the misconceptions and the truths. https://www.facebook.com/redflagnews/photos/a.10150140108168854.337792.116727628853/10154875360528854/?type=3&theater
- What to do This Week call to action (scroll down for more recent dates and to sign up to be notified when updated): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R_lys-eeg3iDBYequVfquXvuaEJm9wWNRD4vS5jSEZk/mobilebasic
- Here is the National Conference of State Legislatures list of all the states’ legislatives calendars for 2017: http://www.ncsl.org/documents/ncsl/2017sessioncalendar.pdf
- Another item from the National Conference of State Legislatures is a list of all state social media sites: http://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommunications-and-information-technology/legislative-social-media-sites.aspx
- Top Ten Resist and Act Resources https://padlet.com/liliraytolan/3m7dul9mr7ma
- Amon Bundy (the man who coordinated the armed takeover of Malheur Wildlife Refuge) is nearly winning the Person of the Year vote in an Oregon newspaper. Will you please vote today for Jason Goodding, the Seaside police officer who died in the line of duty (who is nearly winning as well). We can't let militants think they're winning. http://www.oregonlive.com/living/index.ssf/2016/12/2016_oregon_person_of_the_year.html
- Here is a valuable resource that is updated on a weekly basis, Weekly Actions to Resist Trump. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see where you can sign up to get a weekly email of an action item (with other items you can do, if so you choose). http://www.weekly-resistance.online/
- Thousands of people remain locked in federal prison right now even though both parties have admitted the law they were sentenced under was wrong – too harsh and racially biased. We can help them and send a message to Trump we’ll continue the fight against mass incarceration. We’re calling President Obama to demand commutations for all those who’ve been abandoned, to bring them under the Fair Sentencing Act like everyone else. Call the White House at 202-456-1111. Try this for a sample script: Hi, I’m [name]. I’m asking President Obama to grant clemency to all those still imprisoned under the abandoned crack cocaine sentencing laws. Both parties have agreed the policies that put these folks behind bars so long were unfair, and they shouldn’t have to keep paying for that failure. If the President doesn’t act now, we know Trump won’t, and it’s going to cost them years of their lives. Please tell him to commute their sentences to what they would be today.
- Contact your state and local representatives and urge them to support Sens. Durbin and Graham on The Bridge Act, which will protect the legal status of 740,000 immigrants who arrived in the US as children. Read more here: https://attritioncoalition.org/support-the-bridge-act/