12/9/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something!
- Please feel welcome to call the office of Chuck Jones, leader of United Steelworkers 1999 in Indiana, to show your support for his willingness to speak out on the Carrier publicity stunt by our President-Elect. I understand Jones is getting significant criticism and they are keeping a tally of support. Either send Chuck Jones a brief email showing your support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/fax at : Phone: 317-639-1479 / Fax: 317-639-1138.
- Petition asking Trump to drop Steve Bannon from his staff: http://actnow.prochoiceamerica.org/sign/161122_bannon_ck/?source=CK.NAR.FY17.FB.BANNON.A01.LKS-6.BO.30+.C02_T01_D02_P02#.WEq_LeYrLIU
- Sign up for Stand Up America and stand up to Trump! http://act.standupamerica.com/page/s/sign-up
- Protect Social Security – send messages to your people in DC: https://secure.ncpssm.org/content/protect-social-security-all-beneficiaries-fy172?vc_digital=33&ui_digital=207&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_ad&utm_content=facebook_ad_207&utm_campaign=fy17_email_acquisition&utm_term=TLC-video_control&origin=1069
- Support Planned Parenthood and get an entry into a drawing for tickets to see Hamilton! https://www.prizeo.com/prizes/lin-manuel-miranda/the-ultimate-hamilton-experience-as-a-guest-of?utm_campaign=ultimatehamiltonexperience&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter
- Donate to ACLU and your donation will be matched until they reach $500,000: https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=https://action.aclu.org/secure/sem-donate-protect-our-civil-liberties-now?s_src%3DUNW160001SEM%26alt_src%3DUNV160001SEM%26ms%3Dgad_FB_Facebook_FB-EOY2016_clm-dd-u_dd-trump-3_114590692&source=gmail&ust=1481395054145000&usg=AFQjCNEodMs0b5z95lFzJdSIYbAcLQXjKg
- Here are two looks at the proposed changes in Social Security, one from a center-right publication: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbiggs/2016/12/08/at-last-a-new-social-security-reform-plan/#43784df328d1 and one from a center-left publication: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/column-congress-pulling-rug-peoples-retirement-decisions/ This will become a big issue soon.
- Please join the Environmental Defense Fund in asking Trump to reconsider his choice of Scott Pruitt—a man with a record of attacking the very environmental protections the EPA is in charge of enforcing—to be the head of the EPA. https://secure2.edf.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2866
- This is the time to mail REAL letters to our electors encouraging them to vote their consciences. Here is a link with their names and addresses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K7lvJIHaLhsoCIc7ByV0OPOFM8vMrhMbkhvxu7tJT-g/edit#gid=288852803
- SB 583 would not allow individual communities to decide to end using plastic grocery bags. At least two communities are looking at this prospect now. Unless the state is going to establish a state-wide ban, why should individual communities not be able to make this determination for themselves? Call your senators to weigh in on this: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/MI