2/3/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- It looks as if the DeVos confirmation vote could happen as early as Monday. If you have a Republican, please call your senator! We are ONE vote from keeping DeVos away from being Sec of Education:, please call/fax to oppose. Contact your senators here: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page or by free online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php
- The Senate Committee on Homeland Security is taking calls about Bannon's appointment to the NSC. You can call: 202-224-4751 please spread the word by copying and pasting. You just leave a message saying, "I oppose Steve Bannon to National Security Council". You can add more, but really they're just tallying opinions.
- From one of our own: Paul Ryan and Mike Pence both spoke out against the #muslimban before it became a real thing. Now they've changed their story. (And deleted their tweets!) This weekend we turned their hypocritical tweets into a ton of postcards to flood their mailboxes. People were asking for a printable template so here you go! You can print these 4x6 postcards on cardstock or cut them out and glue to notecards. Contact info is included. Highly recommend using a red marker to add commentary. Remind these cowards that it's not too late to do the right thing. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading and FEEL FREE TO SHARE! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-fZaGpeMf4jNm00SHl0YUZNdUk?usp=sharing
- Just a reminder that this is a good source to use to keep up with how senators are voting on cabinet nominations: https://cabinetvotes.org/
- If you don't have Twitter, get it! You'll need it for the resistance. If you do, then mosey on over to "Tweet Sheet Tuesdays," a group where we all simultaneously post prepared tweets on Tuesdays at noon Eastern. We posted a tweet about the EPA yesterday, and next Tuesday we will be tweeting to Senate Democrats encouraging them to grow a spine and start resisting the Trump agenda. https://www.facebook.com/events/1824466434493534/
- Call the Senate Finance Committee at (202) 224-4515 and let them know that you oppose Chairman Hatch and the Republican members of the committee changing the rules to approve nominees without any Democrats present.
- Time to huddle up! Check out the next action item for the Women's March 10 Actions for the First 100 Days campaign: https://www.womensmarch.com/100/action2
- Looking for new ways to contact the White House? Try this: https://whcommentline.com/
- Scott Dworkin, Senior Advisor to the Democratic Coalition, has been investigating Trumps Russian ties. Find his report here: https://www.scribd.com/document/330989098/Dworkin-Report-Trump-Russian-Ties-Unabridged-11-13-2016 If you are on Twitter, he is certainly someone to follow: @
- Email the Senate Committee on Homeland Security through this online form https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/contact, and say something like “I am writing to express my concern and strong objection to the appointment of Bannon to the NSC - at the same time that people with actual expertise (chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence) were shifted to a smaller role. This action makes America less safe.”
- Rep Stephanie Murphy of Florida introduced H.R. 804 yesterday, "Protect the National Security Committee From Political Influence Act". If passed, this bill aimed at Bannon would insure that “no person whose “primary or predominant responsibility is political in nature” could be designated as a member of the Security Council or be allowed to regularly attend its meetings.” http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/02/01/stephanie-murphy-files-bill-that-would-remove-stephen-bannon-from-national-security-council Contact your representatives in support of this legislation: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page or by online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php
- A national strike is being planned for February 17. “On February 17, 2017 we will be staging a The idea is 24-hour occupation of public space in protest of the Trump administration’s refusal to honor the Constitution of the United States of America.” For more information, click here: http://f17strike.com/
- Kudos to everyone who called out Uber. Their CEO is leaving Trump’s advisory council following criticism. It’s working! https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/technology/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick-trump-advisory-council.html
- Interesting publication you may want to read: Nonviolent Struggle: 50 Crucial Points. Published by the Centre for Applied NonViolent Action and Strategies (CANVAS), Belgrade 2006. http://www.usip.org/sites/default/files/nonviolent_eng.pdf
- Keep up the good work, everyone! Sen. Schatz tweeted on Thursday evening, “The last three days have been the BUSIEST IN CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD HISTORY. By almost double. This is working. Keep it up and please RT.”
- “Sessions’ Embrace of Racist Law One More Reason to Reject his Confirmation as Attorney General” https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/01/31/sessions-embrace-racist-law-one-more-reason-reject-his-confirmation-attorney-general Contact your senators here: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page or by free online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php