2/13/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Pruitt will make American great again….for polluters. http://billmoyers.com/story/an-epa-nominee-drafted-by-business-interests/ Contact your senators to oppose him for the head of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Just as the Boy Scouts allow transgender members, the DOJ has taken steps to withdraw federal support of transgender protection under Title IX. http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/02/feds-obama-transgender-policy-234928 This is within 48 hours of Sessions taking the position of attorney general. Make sure you call your senators to let them know you oppose this move by Sessions. All our citizens need the same protection.
- Here is a list of US Senators and their contact details, and statements/non-statement with regards to Russia interference in the US 2016 Election: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLVSrmstvfE1ri_dSiK-8vQQGc4uvcgavkrMqQ87x-k/pubhtml Use it to make contacts insisting on an investigation.
- From Wall-of-Us: To thank her for speaking up on our behalf, be part of this valentine card to be delivered to Sen. Warren: https://www.wall-of-us.org/weekly-acts-of-resistance/2017/2/11/action-1-send-some-love-to-senator-warren
- Using an old law, Congress has the power to obtain and release 45’s tax returns. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/congress-has-the-power-to-obtain-and-release-trumps-tax-returns/2017/02/07/aa53254c-ea63-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?utm_term=.6338493b1076 Contact the 5 senators on the Joint Committee on Taxation (3 Repuplicans, 2 Democrats) urging them to exercise their rights to obtain and disclose DT's tax returns: 1) Hatch, Orrin G. (R-UT) , Vice Chairman, 2) Grassley, Chuck (R-IA), 3) Crapo, Mike (R-ID), 4) Wyden, Ron (D-OR), and 5) Stabenow, Debbie (D-MI)
- Watch this video: “ Hillary Clinton Knows You’ve Been Feeling Low, so She Gave You this Pep Talk” http://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/news/a42751/hillary-clinton-video-message-makers/
- Here is a call to stage rallies at every single legislator’s office while they are home when Congress is out of session Feb. 20-14: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16aUFBtZ2guJpHktlcZ3gEDKcm5MD6TDJIwq9twKxlhg/edit
- Check out this great resource for immigrant rights, and find a local group to volunteer at or donate to: https://www.informedimmigrant.com
- From Green Action Together: Tell the Truth About the Dakota Pipeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9lQJQTQrNbMQVp2Vng1eUxnZFE/view
- Watch this (or read the transcript) to see how someone who no longer affiliates himself with the left views us. I do not support this as a credible source, but the message is reassuring to the right. https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/why-i-left-left You may want to visit his FB page to comment (https://www.facebook.com/daverubin/) or leave a message for him on Twitter: @ As always, stay kind.
- Are you an attorney or know one? Here is a letter to sign from attorneys concerning 45’s attack on the Judiciary: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfemPYcqdMrzi_Hd59pp6H4XY3Hlu8uXbmxO1yYKnkeK3QIsQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Follow the money – The Center for Responsive Politics is a non-profit, nonpartisan research group based in Washington, D.C., that tracks the effects of money and lobbying on elections and public policy. It maintains a public online database of its information. https://www.opensecrets.org/elections/ See where your legislators get their money.
- Seems that the new action blog, The Night Owl Activist, mentioned here yesterday, was having subscription issues. It is now working properly so please try again! http://thenightowlactivist.blogspot.com.
Petitions to Sign
- Donald Trump’s nominee for labor secretary, Andrew Puzder, is a longtime sexist with an utter disdain for working people – a whole lot like Trump himself.1 And with his nomination hearing coming up soon, we’re running out of time to stop him. Join Credo Action in telling the Senate to oppose him: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/puzder
- From Common Cause: we need to reform the Electoral College. Contact your legislators and tell them your state needs to join the National Popular Vote Compact: http://bit.ly/2klpRjX
- Across the country, hundreds of dedicated organizations are providing immigrants with access to numerous and needed resources. https://www.informedimmigrant.com/organizations/
- Learning more about the far right: “And Then the Breitbart Lynch Mob Came for Me”, http://billmoyers.com/story/breitbart-lynch-mob-came/
- Read up on gerrymandering: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/02/10/gerrymandering-is-the-biggest-obstacle-to-genuine-democracy-in-the-united-states-so-why-is-no-one-protesting/?utm_term=.961500e4498e