2/26/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- “Analysts at the Homeland Security Department's intelligence arm found insufficient evidence that citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries included in President Donald Trump's travel ban pose a terror threat to the United States.” https://apnews.com/39f1f8e4ceed4a30a4570f693291c866 Contact your legislators to let them know of your stand on this executive order.
- Let’s thank Rep. Issa (R-CA) for calling for a special prosecutor to oversee the investigation of Trump’s associates with Russia. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/issa-trump-russia-probe-special-prosecutor-235387
- Perhaps Sean Spicer needs a reminder of his own words of not long ago when he insisted that open access for the media is “what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/24/in-december-spicer-said-barring-media-access-is-what-a-dictatorship-does-today-he-barred-media-access/?utm_term=.33c4894dfd36&tid=sm_tw You can Tweet him: @ or write to him: c/o 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
- Call your representative and tell them to oppose "H.R.610: To distribute Federal funds for elementary and secondary education in the form of vouchers for eligible students and to repeal a certain rule relating to nutrition standards in schools." Background: http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/12/07/504451460/school-choice-101-what-it-is-how-it-works-and-does-it-work
- Let’s take the time to thank Bret Baier and Fox for speaking out on behalf of other journalists being blocked from the White House briefing. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321059-fox-anchor-baier-rips-white-house-for-barring-outlets-from-briefing You can contact Bret here: http://www.bretbaier.com/contact-bret/ and on Twitter: @ Contact Fox News here: 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036, or 212-301-3000 or http://foxnewscomments.com/contact/, or on Twitter: @FoxNews
- We on the look out for a new phone app that will alert folks when there is an ICE raid nearby: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article134919089.html
- Check into and sign up for LegisScan, a legislative tracking and data services for all 50 states & Congress across public and professional sectors. There is a free and fee-based service: https://legiscan.com/
- "On March 11, the ACLU is holding a Resistance Training. This event will launch People Power, the ACLU’s new effort to engage grassroots volunteers across the country and take the fight against Donald Trump’s policies not just into the courts, but into the streets. We’re organizing grassroots events in communities across the country to watch the livestream together. Please join us!" Sign up to learn more here: https://go.peoplepower.org/signup/join/?source=em20170223 Sign up to host an event to watch the livestream: https://go.peoplepower.org/signup/host?source=em20170223
- On Sunday, Feb. 26 at 8 ET MoveOn.org is having another Ready to Resist mass movement strategy and training call, where they'll debrief the #ResistanceRecess, a week of action when members of Congress were home and more than 100,000 constituents turned out to demand all-out resistance to Trump. We'll and look ahead to what's next in their resistance, starting this week! https://act.moveon.org/survey/readytoresist5/
- FedEx is part of the NRA business alliance, giving discounts to members of the NRA, which encourages gun culture. MomsRising is asking that we tell FedEx to stop supporting the NRA. More information and draft letter can be found here: http://action.momsrising.org/sign/FedexNRA/
- Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, is posting Daily Acts of Resistance on Twitter. Follow her here: https://twitter.com/ilyseh She's also asking for submissions for Daily Acts of Resistance. NARAL Pro-Choice will feature the best ones: http://actnow.prochoiceamerica.org/sign/160127_daor_submit/?source=email&t=2&akid=2298.2726362.hp5Kx7
- If you are not already a part of RISE Stronger, please do! Here is a link to their current weekly newsletter “Resistance Showdown” https://www.risestronger.org/newsroom/2-24-17-resistance-showdown Here is the link to the history of RISE Stronger: https://www.risestronger.org/about#history Andy Kim, et al, are very impressive and real movers!
- The GOP has issued a survey of 45’s first month; answer here: https://gop.com/trump-first-month-approval-survey/
Petitions to Sign
- Our President called the media "the enemy of the American people" shortly after he attempted to delegitimize a judge whose ruling he didn't agree with by calling him a "so-called judge". Please join MomsRising in telling Congress to do their job and defend the media and the judiciary: http://action.momsrising.org/sign/country_before_party/
- From Night Owl Activist: The CEOs of Disney, Pepsi, and Tesla are taking verbal stands against the Muslim ban, but won't formally quit 45's business council. Sign this petition to tell them to quit the council now: https://colorofchange.org/campaigns/tell-ceos-quit-council/
- “Trump is supposed to be a public servant, and the truth is a public good. But he continues to lie incessantly, and punish media that call him out. These are the sorts of antics we'd expect from a two-bit dictator but not from the President of the United States.” Watch Robert Reich explain how dictators control the media: https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/videos/1483721794973745/
- A message from Hillary Clinton: "Let resistance plus persistence equal progress for our Party and our country." https://www.facebook.com/democrats/videos/10154715616466943/
- “One Month in, anti-Trump movement shows signs of sustained momentum,” http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-protest-idUSKBN16316T