2/17/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- From Michael Moore: “Everyone! Our job this morning is to call our members of Congress and US Senators -- especially the Democrats -- and demand that they cease all Congressional business until they appoint a special committee to investigate the "numerous" links between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence officials. They must also call upon Attorney General Sessions to recuse himself and appoint a special prosecutor. The Dems must bring a halt to anything happening on the floor of the Senate or House until this is done. To carry on as if this potentially traitorous action never happened, to just go about "business as usual" today, is an OBSCENITY. Hundreds of thousands of your relatives and mine died so we could have this most basic of rights: A free and fair and incorruptible election. If we are not willing to fight for THIS, then WHO ARE WE? If our Democratic representatives are too spineless to shut this charade down, theN they must be put on notice TODAY that we will primary them in 2018 with REAL progressive fighters who are true Democrats. Please call and ask to speak to your Senators and House members NOW: 202-225-3121 or 202-224-3121. Let's light up the switchboard all morning. Please act as if your country depends on your line call. It does. ALL HANDS ON DECK!”
- The latest script from Indivisible Guide focuses on state retirement plans, which are coming under attack. Call your representatives and ask that they oppose H.J.Res. 66: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/2/15/state-retirement-plans-hj-res-66
- From 5 Calls: If dissolving the EPA is the goal, then Pruitt is the guy to do it. https://www.risestronger.org/newsroom/scott-pruitt If you feel otherwise, call senators to block him. Background information and call scripts can be found here: https://5calls.org/#issue/recoqckdlWUDwBPh1
- From Project 1461: Please take the time to thank your senators for opposing Pudzer for Labor Secretary. We all should thank the four Republican senators who joined in causing his downfall: 1) Susan Collins (ME) (202) 224-2523, 2) Johnny Isakson (GA) (202) 224-3643, 3) Lisa Murkowski (AK) (202) 224-6665, and 4) Tim Scott (SC) (202) 224-6121
- David Friedman's confirmation hearing begins today for his nomination as U.S. Ambassador to Israel. His reputation is quite questionable for this fragile position. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/david-friedman-trump-embassy-israel/510905/ Call the Senate Foreign Relations Committee 202-224-4651 to voice your concern about this nominee's strong publicly politicized views in the Middle East. The role of ambassador should call for a more accomplished diplomatic nominee for this part of the world. Call each member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to voice your concern. Here is a listing of the committee members with phone numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SfoKh8Bjc05Bgat14nmrGH4xTzyLm0Bh1J-eRd8eOYU/htmlview
- It appears that a bill to end the Endangered Species Act is headed for a vote. http://thehill.com/opinion/letters/319758-congress-must-not-pass-endangered-species-reform-bill Contact your senators to tell them you oppose this move.
- Robert Reich and Indivisible have teamed up to give us this short video on what we can do while our legislators are on break and back home: https://www.facebook.com/indivisibleguide/videos/1472749059404352/
- The Trump/Pence campaign has a new survey called “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey”. Read the questions carefully and help them out! https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/
- The Women's March is launching an action item titled "Hear Our Voice." See if there is an event near you, or host one yourself! https://www.womensmarch.com/hearourvoice/
- The White House comment line was closed in the last weeks of Barack Obama’s presidency, and—until very recently—the first part of Donald Trump’s. It is now accessible again by calling (202) 456-1111directly, or through the White House switchboard at (202) 456-1414.
- The Women’s March has announced a Women’s Strike, “A Day Without a Woman” for March 8. http://www.vogue.com/article/womens-strike-history-a-day-without-a-woman
- The National Coalition for the Homeless invites you to join a NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION FOR HOUSING in Washington, DC, and in communities across the country, on Saturday, April 1, 2017. For more info: http://nationalhomeless.org/national-day-of-action-for-housing/
- From Do a Thing: New phone app that will notify you every time a presidential action is taken. Executive orders, presidential memorandums, proclamations: http://presidentialactions.com
Petitions to Sign
- There is a "We The People" Petition on the White House website demanding the release of 45's tax return. It is about to hit 1,000,000 signatures. Petitions that receive 100,000 signatures within 30 days are generally to be reviewed by the White House for a response. The 30-day window ends on February 19, 2017. That is this Sunday. However, this Administration has not indicated whether it intends to review petitions that receive over 100,000 signatures. If you have not already signed this petition, please do so here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance
- Here is an insight into the chilling education world of Betsy DeVos: http://www.eclectablog.com/2017/02/chilling-this-is-why-weve-been-trying-to-warn-the-usa-about-betsy-devos-destroying-the-wall-between-church-state.html
- The deans of the Yale and Harvard Law Schools have penned a joint op-ed called “Standing up for ‘so-called’ law”: https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2017/02/10/standing-for-called-law/VLbDYmrwpdjCn8qs5FPJaK/story.html
- Fact-checking 45’s press conference on 2/16: http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/factchecking-trumps-news-conference/