2/15/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Sen. Chaffetz is not interested in fulfilling his role in the Committee on Oversight and Government reform. This is unacceptable, and frankly dangerous as we untangle the mess of Russian involvement in our government. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html Since Chaffetz is not listening, let's call the rest of the Committee and tell them to investigate the president's ties to Russia: https://oversight.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/
- Call Sen. Brady and other members of the Ways and Means Committee and ask that they release Trump's tax returns. Brady has stated "If Congress begins to use its powers to rummage around in the tax returns of the president, what prevents Congress from doing the same to average Americans?" but the two situations are not comparable. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tax-returns-idUSKBN15S2GZ The president of the United States should be thoroughly vetted, and we cannot be sure of Trump's business entanglements, both foreign and domestic, until the tax returns are released. Members here: https://waysandmeans.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/
- Since Paul Ryan is not making it easy to get through to him, UltraViolet [a leading women’s rights organization] is going to drive a truck full of postcards to Speaker Ryan's front door. If you write a note right now, they'll put it on a postcard and deliver it with thousands of others! https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/paulryan_postcards/
- From one of our own: Watching CNN right now and a consultant said the MOST important thing right now is for all the Democratic representatives to have 250 phone calls per day demanding investigation into trump team ties to Russia. If they don't hear much from home, or if they go home and hold town halls and their public doesn't show interest then they will not push it forward. We all need to call our MoC ASAP and DEMAND full public investigation into Flynn and Trump administration ties to Russia! Call your legislators! All of them!!
- Join Weekly Resistance in asking all our governors to publicly commit to vetoing any bills that threaten our rights to protest. Go here for the easy way to do it: http://www.weekly-resistance.online/past/protectProtesters.html
- The Office of Government Ethics has determined that Kellyanne Conway misused her position by telling people on national TV to buy Ivanka products and is recommending that the White House discipline her. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319493-ethics-office-calls-on-white-house-to-discipline-conway Let the White House know that you agree by sending a comment here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact#page or by sending postcards to: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
- On Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 9 PM EST, MomsRising is holding a Telephone Town Hall to share simple, easy-to-use tips about some of our favorite organizing and advocacy tactics with members who are ready to do more. RSVP here: http://action.momsrising.org/survey/KeepMarchingTeleTownHall_TacticsTips/
- From one of our own: While most networks are covering Flynn and the Russian situation, Fox News is talking about how this grassroots movement is NOT a real grassroots movement, but rather one that has been started by Obama. It is time to let them know that this IS a real grassroots movement that is being lead by local citizens. Fox New’s number is 888-369-4762. We should flood them with calls
- “Defending Obamacare”: Organizing for Action (OFA) will be hosting an online training this Thursday, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. ET to focus on the tactics we can use at town hall meetings to have the biggest impact, including how to ask pointed (but respectful!) questions, how to maximize your chances to ask a question of your member of Congress, and how to use social media to amplify how you're contributing to the momentum nationwide. To register: http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/4O78D1W8XKF1KZQZ
- From one of our own: For those interested in getting out your wallet, I suggest calling Zappos. I was reading an email from the company today, and noticed the "suggested for me" included an Ivanka Trump item. I called customer service at 800-927-7670 to let them know I loved the prompt and friendly service, but would not be shopping there until they announced that they were dropping all Trump products. Customer service was friendly and appreciative, said she was sending the message as I was on the phone, and related that the company is reviewing feedback at this time!
Petitions to Sign
- In late January, then Acting U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates (the one who was fired for doing her job with the immigration ban) warned Donald Trump that top national security aide Michael Flynn had misrepresented his conversations with Russian officials and could be vulnerable to blackmail by Russia—posing a significant national security risk. She was right and Flynn is gone. It is even more important now to join MoveOn.org and vote in favor of a House investigation into Donald Trump’s financial conflicts of interest and ties to the Russian government: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/investigate-trump-and-1
- Add your name to demand that CNN, NBC and CBS broadcast the hundreds of U.S. veterans acting at Standing Rock to stop DAPL and the police violence perpetrated on behalf of Big Oil: https://actionsprout.io/92044C/initial
- The Husband –and-Wife Team that is Driving Trump’s National Security Policy: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-national-security-gorka-234950
- Russian Cruise Missile, Deployed Secretly, Violates Treaty, Officials Say https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/world/europe/russia-cruise-missile-arms-control-treaty.html?_r=0
- From Two Hours a Week quoting Indivisible Guide: "This is the long game. We are going to lose a lot. We are going to get good at losing. We are going to lose cabinet votes for terrible nominees. We are going to lose bills that are offensive and appalling. But while we are losing, something else is going to happen. We are going to keep raising our voices and slowly our representatives are going to start listening to us. We've seen it happen.…It'll happen over months, where you keep showing up, regularly. Then, we are going to start winning. It'll sneak up on us... Every time we change the narrative, every time we delay, every time there's a newspaper story about a member of Congress avoiding his or her constituents, that's a win. And it matters." Read the rest here: https://www.facebook.com/indivisibleguide/posts/219055018558375
- Let’s all play Resistance Bingo!! https://www.storybasedstrategy.org/resistance-bingo.html