3/9/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
one of our own: The Kaiser
Foundation provides an interactive way for us to see how the proposed
health plan would compare to the ACA for our own situations: http://kff.org/interactive/tax-credits-under-the-affordable-care-act-vs-replacement-proposal-interactive-map/
Here’s another way to look at it: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/08/upshot/who-wins-and-who-loses-under-republicans-health-care-plan.html?_r=0 Now, knowing what you know, use that info to contact
- Jay Clayton, a Wall Street insider, is Trump's nominee for chairman of the Security and Exchanges Commission. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-sec-idUSKBN14N1Y9 Call your senators and oppose this nomination.
- From Green Action Together: Join "Tweet to Stop Trump," a tweet sheet group for environmental causes. The admins of the group post easy "click to tweet" lists so you can just click and retweet pro-environment tweets to your followers, reps, senators, and Trump himself: https://www.facebook.com/events/234702120304460/?active_tab=discussion
- Health insurance companies are part of the problem, why would we want to give them more money? http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/07/health-insurers-billion-dollar-windfall-gop-obamacare-replacement.html Contact your legislators and ask them that question.
- From Tell All Your Friends: Call your Senators and ask them to support Senate Bill 27 that calls for an independent commission to investigate Russian influence in our election and more. Then call chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Bob Corker at (202) 224-3344 and let him know that we expect him to act as well on the growing body of evidence of the Russian involvement in our election.
- Cutting anything that is known to protect national security, such as the Coast Guard or the TSA, to pay for a folly of a wall is a misuse of our taxes. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/to-fund-border-wall-trump-administration-weighs-cuts-to-coast-guard-airport-security/2017/03/07/ba4a8e5c-036f-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.2ba5f5bde22f Time to let our members of Congress know that. Call!
- Former Wall Street executives now lead too many federal agencies whose job it is to crack down on Wall Street criminals. Tell your members of Congress to support the Financial Services Conflict of Interest Act: http://action.citizen.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12866
- “All 100 senators aligned Tuesday morning in a rare moment of bipartisanship to ask that the Trump administration offer help to Jewish community centers and other Jewish institutions facing a sharp rise in security threats this year.” http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/anti-semitic-jewish-senate-235746 We agree. Let’s call the White House to tell them: 202-456-1111
- "Show Up For Trans Youth" with the ACLU and get action alerts: https://action.aclu.org/secure/showup4transyouth
- Any of our water protectors and friends of water protectors, as well as anyone interested in taking part in peaceful protests/ marches/ rallies or direct actions will benefit from this “Water Protectors: "know your rights” training" by Attorney Holly T. Bird. https://www.facebook.com/gtbprotectors/videos/1855399974703490/
3. Sandy Hook victim Dylan Hockley would have been celebrating his eleventh birthday this week. Let’s sign this card in his memory and promise to protect more children from gun violence: http://action.sandyhookpromise.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=20170
- Meet "The Fearless Girl" -- She's temporarily installed facing the Wall Street "Charging Bull": http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/08/news/wall-street-fearless-girl-reaction/ Let’s NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio we’d like her to stay. Send postcards: Mayor Bill de Blasio, City Hall, New York, NY 10007 or email: www.nyc.gov/html/static/pages/officeofthemayor/contact.shtml
Petitions to Sign
- Join Our Revolution's petition to senators to oppose Jay Clayton,45’s nominee for chairman of the Security and Exchanges Commission: http://resistthehostiletakeover.org
- Sen. Franken asks us to sign with him in demanding that Congress begin an immediate independent investigation of Trump and his Russian ties: https://www.alfranken.com/landing/e170308/
- During all those years of wanting rid of the ACA, one would think that the GOP could have crafted a well-thought-out plan, but when the American Medical Association, the American Hospital Association, the American Nurses Association, and the AARP are all against the GOP health plan, one wonders with whom they conferred to create it. http://fortune.com/2017/03/08/gop-healthcare-plan-aarp-ama-aha/
- “Never Forget Paul Ryan’s Massive Cruelty”: http://www.eclectablog.com/2017/03/let-us-never-ignore-paul-ryans-massive-cruelty.html
- “Despair is not a Strategy: 15 principles of hope”: https://email@example.com/despair-is-not-a-strategy-15-principles-of-hope-deba7ac2cb29#.al7u8dv2d
- From one of our own: a little late-night political humor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZMQu30RsX4