3/5/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- Let your legislators know that you stand with Sen. Sasse (R-NE) in demanding that Trump share his source of knowledge for his accusations of being wiretapped by President Obama and ask that they join in, too. Remember, that if the phones were, indeed tapped it would mean that a court had found probable cause. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322379-gop-senator-demands-trump-give-more-information-behind
- From one of our own: Republicans are hiding the latest draft of the ACA repeal/replacement plan, which poses a number of problems. Let's make some calls to demand transparency. https://www.facebook.com/groups/risewhenwefall/permalink/1400024906735309/
- A proposal is being considered by the Department of Homeland Security, which would separate mothers and children if they illegally cross into the United States. This is a cruel and unnecessary practice. Contact the Department of Homeland Security and tell them you oppose this inhumane practice. Call the Department of Homeland Security comment line: 202-282-8495 More about the proposal: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN16A2ES
- Let’s join the League of Conservation Voters and thank the senators who are pushing back and offering clean energy solutions to protect our health and environment. https://secure3.convio.net/lcv/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3756&s_srcFBAds&s_subsrc=champs
- From Green Action Together (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1599522283687634/: A call to action to save the Paris Agreement and Clean Power Plan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9lQJQTQrNbMNnFjeHhiYVhQc0k/view
- From RISE Stronger: In the words of Jeff Sessions himself, circa Nov. 2016, "Because of our grave concern for integrity in government we ask for a special counsel... When a high public official is accused of serious wrongdoing and there is a sufficient factual predicate to investigate, it is imperative the investigation be thorough, with dispatch and without partisanship." We agree, Mr. Sessions. Use this Thunderclap link to show you agree: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/53924-step-aside-jeff-sessions
- From one of our own: Bears Ears National Monument, from its ancient ruins to intricate 1,500-year-old petroglyphs, this striking and relatively undeveloped natural landscape holds a wealth of cultural and history. Some members of Congress want to diminish or revoke its Monument status. Let’s tell Interior Zinke to keep this Native land sacred: https://actionsprout.io/5D052E/initial
- Keep up the pressure, if there is nothing to hide, what is the problem with the routine turning over of 45’s tax returns. Even some GOP members are seeing the value: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/322169-two-republicans-sign-onto-effort-demanding-trumps-tax-returns Keep calling your legislators!
- Texas is working on many anti-LGBTQ bills, including a transgender bathroom bill similar to North Carolina's HB 2. As a response to HB 2, NCAA and other organizations showed their support for the LGBTQ community by withdrawing from hosting games in North Carolina. Let's show the NCAA that we want them to take a stand *before* the bill in Texas goes any further. CREDO action has a letter that you can sign: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/Texas_NCAA
- Another way to show your support for American workers is to refuse to use self-check-out lanes in stores: http://labor411.org/411-blog/1457-three-reasons-why-self-checkout-machines-are-bad-for-everyone
- Let’s take part in this Fox Nation poll that asks: “Do you think Attorney General Jeff Sessions settled the controversy over his Russia contacts with his press conference?” http://nation.foxnews.com/poll/2017/03/02/do-think-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-settled-controversy-over-his-russia/
- "What is the best way to change the system"? The best answer? RUN FOR OFFICE! Find out how: https://candidatebootcamp.com/how-to-run-for-political-office-2017/?gclid=CNeB5pjUu9ICFRq1wAodn7oLdw
- Sleeping Giants is still working to get companies to stop advertising on Breitbart. They need all of us to help. Here is how you can be part of this important effort: https://www.facebook.com/slpnggiants/
- Another way to let your money talk for you is to use the shopping guidelines complied by Grab your wallet so you can avoid spending where Trump products are sold: https://grabyourwallet.org/
- “To counter a plan by President Donald Trump to create a Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement office, or VOICE, U.S. Rep. Jared Polis this week introduced the Saved by American Immigrants National Taskforce, or SAINT, to document heroic achievements by those living in this country illegally.” http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/04/rep-jared-polis-proposes-task-force-to-highlight-immigrant-contributions-in-the-u-s/ Here’s how we can help:
A. Everyone can contact and monitor their local newspapers (and national newspapers) and make sure that the media does not give voice to VOICE. For tips on contacting media, see: http://bit.ly/2hP0Pgd.
B. If you have a Republican member of Congress who is unlikely to get behind this initiative, don't despair. There are several ways you can contribute: Find stories. Share stories. 1. Help the task force gather stories to share. 2. When stories are shared by SAINT, spread them on social media and work to get these stories into your local news media.
C. Lucky enough to have a Democratic member of Congress? Ask them to get involved! AND you can still be actively involved by working to 1. Find stories. 2. Share stories.
Petitions to Sign
- Please join with RISE Stronger and sign their MoveOn.org petition and add your voice demanding the resignation of Sessions as Attorney General: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/step-aside-sessions-appoint
- While we are at it, let’s also stand with Sen. Murray (D-WA) in demanding the same thing: http://www.pattymurray.com/act/attorney-general-sessions-tell-the-truth-about-russia
- From: Revel-Reflect-Recharge (www.facebook.com/revel-reflect-recharge): a few
moments of reflection: http://tinyletter.com/revel-reflect-recharge/letters/truth-consequences-and-art
- "Much of the media spotlight has been on the “alt-right.” But the “alt-left” provides a mirror image distortion: the same loathing of Clinton, rejection of “identity politics,” and itch for a reckoning." http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/why-the-alt-left-is-a-problem
- It is hard to keep up, but here is a guide to the Trump-Russia scandal: http://www.politico.com/trump-russia-ties-scandal-guide