3/21/17 To-do List
Ø Please share Rogan’s List in your Facebook groups, Twitter, etc
Ø Please subscribe: In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- From Tell All Your Friends: Given the news yesterday that the FBI is investigating possible collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia, it is fair to ask that all SCOTUS hearings be delayed. Do not be misled by false presidential tweets: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/20/14984662/trump-tweet-comey-russia Call your senator's now and let them know how you feel.
- Along the same line, after what we learned yesterday from the FBI, it is all the more essential that the larger investigation of the Trump-Russia connections be handled by an independent investigation. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-russia-independent-investigation-20170320-story.html Let’s let our legislators know that this has to be done.
- Should the Gorsuch hearings continue, ask your senators to oppose him for the Supreme Court. Scripts and talking points here: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/2/7/combat-donald-trumps-arch-conservative-scotus-pick
- Sen. Durbin and Rep. Davis are working on introducing legislation that will help kids stressed by violence. http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/durbin-davis-unveil-plan-to-help-kids-stressed-by-violence/ They are looking for co-sponsors. Let’s ask ours to sign on to this important piece of hope.
- This Thursday, the House will vote on the AHCA. Indivisible Guide is suggesting that we take Friday to visit our reps' district offices to give them immediate feedback on their vote. It is important to hold our reps accountable, and part of that is letting them know that we're paying attention to their votes. Regardless if we are going to congratulate or question, time to plan for Friday!
- From Postcards for America: We (the USA) is/are getting a bad rap around the world because they think our President speaks for us. I think we can help counteract that. So, I've put together an address list (that will be added to as and when is needed) for the allied World leaders that 45 has treated poorly so far. I'll try to include an overseas address (generally $1.15, I believe), an Embassy address, email and Twitter (if I can locate) for each so we can make the most impact. https://docs.google.com/document/d/12s3gRRG54knUfzAcL3gyrG6CBT3kj86zgvuiZ3F2J34/edit
- From one of our own: If you are overwhelmed by the sheer number of fronts on which to fight, PredictGov provides a % chance that a bill will be enacted. While nothing is guaranteed in this life, this may help with triage. It is cited as a worthwhile resource by both GovTrack and The Resistance Manual: http://predictgov.com/projects/congress/ (Click on “Real-Time Predictions” in the upper left)
- Head over to Common Cause to find your elected officials, their contact information (including Twitter handles and websites), where their political contributions come from, and what bills they've sponsored: www.commoncause.org/take-action/find-elected-officials/
Petitions to Sign
- Sen. Gillibrand is asking us to join with her in seeking an independent investigation into Trump and his Russian ties: https://petitions.signforgood.com/keg-investigation
- If the Senate approves these three bills, Trump will certainly sign them — preventing key agencies from fulfilling their crucial missions to protect Americans, and rolling back vital health protections. Urge your senators to reject the "Regulatory Accountability" Act, the REINS Act, and the "Midnight Rules Relief" Act. https://petitions.signforgood.com/CorporatePowerGrab
- Because the ACHA is being proposed through budget reconciliation, it only needs a simple majority to pass, rather than the usual sixty votes needed to pass new legislation. Read more about how budget reconciliation works: http://bit.ly/2mIW8mf
- “62 Million Reasons I’m Not the Same Anymore”: http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/03/15/62-million-reasons-im-not-the-same-anymore/
- “Depressed by Politics? Just Let it Go” https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/opinion/depressed-by-politics-just-let-go.html