3/16/17 To-do List
Ø Please share Rogan’s List in your Facebook groups, Twitter, etc.: https://roganslist.blogspot.com/
Ø Please subscribe: In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- Choosing country over party is a true sign of a citizen: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/14/republicans-are-threatening-to-expose-trump-as-the-emperor-with-no-clothes/?utm_term=.39dccf251d1a Let’s contact our legislators and tell them we support these moves and want them to as well.
- A bill that would make it harder to process civil rights class action suits has already passed the House and is now in the Senate. https://www.themarshallproject.org/2017/03/08/a-critical-civil-rights-tool-is-on-the-chopping-block#.70Q3aRMDz HR 985 was proposed in the guise of providing “fairness”, it has too many problems to be truly beneficial. Call your Senators.
- So far Republicans are mostly staying silent in response to Rep. King's (R-IA) white nationalist tweet. Let’s call our members of Congress and ask whether they will publicly condemn Rep. King's racist tweet. Let them know that if they don't condemn it on the record, we consider that supporting white nationalism. More info and actions: https://www.facebook.com/notes/connecting-dots/call-to-action-for-iowans-and-all-defenders-of-democracy/1248225195214563
- Save the Children Action Network has a form letter available to send to your reps, asking that they support Child Care Development Block Grants: https://action.savethechildrenactionnetwork.org/p/dia/action4/common/public/?action_KEY=21324
- This is not business as usual when paranoia rules the executive branch of our government. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-white-house-paranoia-236069 Let’s ask our legislators to do what they can to get back to transparency and running the government to benefit we the people.
- Join House Minority Leader Sen. Pelosi (D-CA) in demanding that GOP leaders remove Rep. Steve King (R-IA) as chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice. http://thehill.com/homenews/house/323923-pelosi-calls-on-gop-leaders-to-take-away-rep-kings-committee-gavel Speaking out against King's comments is not enough- there needs to be clear, concrete punishment for racism propagated by our nation's leaders. Let’s show our agreement by contacting our legislators.
- From one of our
own: A republican
with integrity. Let’s send Sec. of
Defense Mattis some thank you postcards!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/james-mattis-climate-change_us_58c92f8ae4b01c029d77a713 Address: Jim
1000 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-1000
- For Americans living abroad, this Friday March 17th at 9am Eastern, Democrats Abroad is sponsoring a unique chance to be included and heard by the Democratic Party, through the opportunity to speak out at a Global Town Hall. Details here: More details here: https://americansresistingoverseas.com/2017/03/15/act-now-global-town-hall-with-rep-keith-ellison/
- There are many voting opportunities in counties, cities, and towns all across America long before the 2018 mid-term elections. Whether they are millage requests, special elections, etc., let’s use these opportunities to increase voter registrations and voting. Good practice for 2018! Let’s find some creative ways to do this! http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kousser-voter-turnout-20141027-story.html
- The March for Science is coming up on April 22nd. They're asking for you to e-mail stories about how scientists serve their communities, whether that's by saving lives, protecting communities, or advancing public interest. There will also be a video series premiering on March 20th. Stories can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also use the hashtag #ScienceServes on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Want to get involved at the local level to defend your community? You can sign up for updates on the Freedom Cities Campaign from ACLU's People Power here: https://go.peoplepower.org/signup/freedom-cities/?source=em20170314
- The Loyal Opposition has developed a new way for us to contact our legislators that includes phone numbers for local offices as well as in Washington. Here’s the link: https://www.theloyalopposition.net/rep-finder/
- Let’s help save the honeybees! Cheerios will send us each of us 500 wildflower seeds to plant just for that purpose! http://www.cheerios.com/bringbackthebees
Petitions to Sign
- Disqus is the third-party software company that runs Breitbart’s comment section. Thanks to Sleeping Giants, we’ve been able to convince over 1400 companies to drop their advertising there since they do not really want to be associated with the hateful alt-right website. Let’s apply the same pressure to Disqus and sign with SumOfUs: https://actions.sumofus.org/a/disqus-you-host-breitbart-s-cesspool-of-a-comment-section-adopt-a-hate-speech-policy-now
- Let’s join the Brady Campaign and demand Brady background checks for all gun sales: https://secure.everyaction.com/Ekal5ph2tkmZW7QpupD5Qg2
- ACLU has published another article on border agents and electronic device searches: https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-future/can-border-agents-search-your-electronic-devices-its-complicated
- This should give us all pause: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/being-an-american-is-life-threatening/2017/03/13/d59a1434-081a-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html?utm_term=.fb7381db12f3
- The Executive Order on the Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch unveiled today coupled with the FY18 President's budget that will be published Thursday sets the stage for the "deconstruction of the administrative state." Now it makes sense why certain Cabinet nominees were chosen, they're there to cripple some agencies and concentrate power at the White House. There better be an epic battle in Congress and the court of public opinion against this. (From Lawyers for Good Government) http://resistancereport.com/politics/trump-doing-bannon-bidding/