1/23/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
If you see Rogan’s List in a closed or secret FB group, remember that if you share it, it only goes to your FB friends who are already part of the group. So, if you want to share it on your FB page so all your friends can see it, you will need to copy/paste the link. Thanks for sharing! We are doing good work, everyone!
- There is a meme going around saying that the organizers of the Women’s March want to get an accurate count. If you took part in the March in any way, please text “Count Me” to 89800. Counting open until 1/24. It seems that the group doing this is not actually the march people (look at the small print at the bottom of the meme), but an organization that wants to help others get involved. This is the group: http://www.itstimenetwork.org/
- Here is a link to the crowd estimate of Woman’s March. Make you’re your city is represented here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xa0iLqYKz8x9Yc_rfhtmSOJQ2EGgeUVjvV4A8LsIaxY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
- An aide to Sen. Van Hollen (D-MD) has contacted Rogan’s List with an update on the Senator’s position on the DeVos nomination. It was reported here on 1/19 that he was waffling, but he has issued a statement saying that he is against her nomination. https://www.vanhollen.senate.gov/content/van-hollen-statement-opposition-confirmation-secretary-education-nominee-betsy-devos Please contact the senator and thank him. 202-224-4654 or https://www.vanhollen.senate.gov/content/contact-senator
- If you want to continue the work of the Women’s March, consider checking joining in on their “10 Actions in 100 Days”: https://www.womensmarch.com/100/
- On February 11, there is a call for protests at Planned Parenthood centers around the country seeking to lend support to defunding the organization. Call your local Planned Parenthood to see what help they need and rally your friends to counter these protesters (peacefully, please). To see if there is a protest planned against your local Planned Parenthood check this website and know that more may be added: http://protestpp.com/locations/ Wear pussy hats so they know who we are!
- Democracy for America, a grassroots political organization founded by Howard Dean, wants us to take a short survey following this historic weekend to help them prioritize next steps: http://act.democracyforamerica.com/survey/survey-january/
- Here’s another new group to look into, The Resurgent Left. Watch this short humorous video to see what they are about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgWVzsjc2H4&feature=youtu.be, then sign up here: http://www.theresurgentleft.org/
- This is the final appeal before MoveOn.org delivers our signatures to Jason Chaffetz. Please sign and share the petition to investigate Trump's business conflicts and entanglements at this link: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/rep-jason-chaffetz-probe?mailing_id=36562&source=s.icn.em.cr&r_by=15875449
- Required reading: The press will be under even greater scrutiny, but we need to support them in telling the facts. Trump and his administration seem enamored by their own versions and even call them “alternative facts”. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/the-pointless-needless-lies-of-the-trump-administration/514061/ Let’s tell the national media that we want them to find and share the real facts: http://fair.org/take-action-now/media-activism-kit/media-contact-list/
- On Tuesday, January 24th, MoveOn,org members are joining with Working Families Party, People's Action, and other allies across the country to rally Democratic and Republican senators with a clear message: "Stop the #SwampCabinet." For more info and to find an event near you: https://act.moveon.org/event/stop_trumps_swamp_cabinet/search/ If there are no scheduled events in your area, go anyway! Get to know the staff. You’ll be seeing them often in the next few years.
- Sign here to demand that the federal government stop funding the police at Standing Rock: https://actionsprout.io/F7A776/initial
- It’s already come to this: a bill to withdraw the US from the United Nations: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193 While it probably won’t get far (at least let’s hope so), but still the very idea is outrageous. Teen Vogue is doing some fine reporting on many issues this election season, including this one: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/heres-what-trump-gets-wrong-about-the-united-nations Please contact your representative to tell them how you feel about this issue: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page