1/16/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- If you are marching in Washington and for some reason get arrested, Scrofano Law PC to Offer Pro Bono Services to Peaceful Protestors Arrested During Inauguration Weekend, You probably won’t need it, but take this info with you: http://blog.scrofanolaw.com/2017/01/11/scrofano-law-pc-offer-pro-bono-services-peaceful-protestors-arrested-inauguration-weekend/
- If you will be marching anywhere this weekend, there is some good advice here about protesting with children: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/11-tips-for-protesting-with-kids_us_587d41dae4b0740488c3ddbf
- DAPL workers are still at the construction site and Water Protectors are still being arrested despite the fact that the Army Corps has refused the final permit! Plus, Trump is likely to reverse the Army Corps of Engineers' decision as soon as he takes office. To prevent this, Bernie Sanders' movement is asking President Obama to make Standing Rock a national monument. This will stop DAPL from polluting the main water supply of the Standing Rock Tribe as well as millions of Americans down stream. Add your name to help Bernie's movement stop the pipeline for good! https://actionsprout.io/B74201/initial
- Trump’s nominee for Treasury Secretary, Mnuchin, is scheduled for confirmation hearing beginning on Thursday, January 19. There are long-standing reports that Mnuchin, the former Goldman Sachs partner known as the “foreclosure king,” profited handsomely off the financial crisis by foreclosing on thousands of elderly homeowners.https://www.finance.senate.gov/about/membership As always, let your own senators know your ideas on this nominee. Find them here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials While you are at it, sign this Credo petition: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/mnuchin
- Instead of investigating our most corrupt president-elect in history, Republicans are threatening government ethics watchdogs just for trying to do their jobs! There must be an investigation into Trump’s business dealings and we need to support the independent federal ethics office. It is Rep. Chaffetz, Chairman of the Oversight Committee, who is making the threats. Keep calling Rep. Chaffetz's office in DC to lodge a compliant about the Oversight Committee's lack of oversight thus far. The number is 202-225-7751. Contact other members of the committee, too, here: https://oversight.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/ and, as always, let your own senators know your ideas on this dangerous situation. Find them here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- Let’s join People for the American Way, a progressive advocacy group, and tell Congress to pass an amendment to overturn Citizens United and get big money out of politics: https://secure.pfaw.org/site/SPageNavigator/action.html?survey_id=10360&autologin=true
- Issue One,an American nonpartisan, nonprofit organization which seeks to reduce the role of money in politics, wants us to join them in telling Trump to divest from his businesses. http://act.issueone.org/page/s/tell-trump-to-divest
- This might be helpful for some of us: The Shy Person’s Guide to Calling Representatives: http://actionfriday.tumblr.com/post/153358069831/shy-persons-guide-to-calling-representatives
- Call or write your Senators and ask them to reject Sessions as Attorney General. You can use Coretta Scott King's words in a powerful letter in which she claimed Sessions would do irreparable harm to her husbands work. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/10/read-the-letter-coretta-scott-king-wrote-opposing-sessionss-1986-federal-nomination/?utm_term=.a88493613430 Find your senators here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- If you are uncomfortable sending postcards to Sen. Ryan’s home address, then please use his various home state addresses which can be found here: https://paulryan.house.gov/contact/ Postcard text should be: 1) NO to defunding Planned Parenthood, 2) NO to repealing the ACA, and 3) NO to privatizing Medicare!
- Another store to boycott is Spencers for carrying some offensive Trump-related ware. http://twentytwowords.com/this-woman-is-calling-for-a-boycott-of-spencers-for-this-offensive-trump-shirt/ Be kind to the folks who work there, the merchandise is not their responsibility. Call corporate - local is required to carry them. Spencer's Corporate: (609) 645-3300.
- Here is another community action guide. Unite: A Practical Guide for Using Social Media to Build Groups for Action: A step-by-step 40-page guide to using social media for grassroots organizing. Advice, best practices, checklists, organization models, communication strategies, universal pain points, lessons from trial and error, resources, and guidance. Free download here: http://www.uniteguide.com/
- Here’s where you can sign on with the ACLU with your concerns for DeVos for Education secretary: https://action.aclu.org/secure/betsy-devos-has-long-history
- On January 20th when Donald Trump takes the Oath of Office all-of-us can also take our own oath to “protect, preserve, and defend the Constitution.” with real actions, Watch this very short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzoXVrJMGM&feature=youtu.be then, sign up here: https://www.wall-of-us.org/taketheoath