1/9/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- The Dodd-Frank Act helps to prevent the big banks from cheating Americans and crashing our economy. We must fight to stop the Republicans from gutting Wall Street reform. Let’s let Sen Warren (D-MA) know we agree with her! http://my.elizabethwarren.com/page/s/protect-dodd-frank#.WHLhwhsrLIU
- Sign up for a special phone call with Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Tuesday about fighting Wall Street under President Trum.p. Time on Tuesday, January 10th will be at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CT, 5:30 pm PCT https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSefLBackpMfbpC5y1h6l3cC7DZkKcV84Yd7hpGuTiEWNvPAPA/viewform
- From I am a Resistor (http://www.resistsymbol.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/ResistSymbol/) is sponsoring National Resist Day on January 19. Get details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/385497458467755/ To wear and mark the day, get your Resistor t-shirt here: https://resistsymbol.threadless.com/ Here are some of the great ideas on how people are planning to RESIST on National RESIST Day: http://www.resistsymbol.com/FAQs#what_to_do_on_NRD.
- Please consider “liking” the FB page RISE When We Fall. It is the public page of the network of over 18,000 people, is working to become the largest citizen watchdog organization in the country with the mission to monitor Trump. RISE has established over a dozen policy working groups bringing together policy experts, public servants, organizers, advocates, activists, and concerned citizens to serve as a premiere watchdog to the Trump. State chapters will be forthcoming. https://www.facebook.com/RISEWhenWeFall/
- Help Save the Affordable Care Act - Join a National Call-In Day on January 10 to #ProtectOurCare! http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Help-Save-the-ACA----Join-a-Jan--10-National--ProtectOurCare-Call-In-Day.html?soid=1102835539374&aid=8_2GgKzKw44
- Howard County, MD Republicans have circulated this Baltimore Sun poll about a sanctuary bill to flood it with "No's." Anyone feel like helping it show lots and lots of yeses?! http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/bal-howard-county-as-immigrant-sanctuary-poll-20170106-htmlstory.html
- Progressive Turnout PAC wants our support in stopping voter suppression: http://go.turnoutpac.org/page/s/voter-suppression
- Join the largest grassroots anti-Trump organization and take a stand. One of its senior advisors, Scott Dworkin is someone to watch and follow. www.DemocraticCoalition.org
- Call your Senators and let them know you believe the Ethics Committee should vet all of Trump’s nominees. To participate, call 844-241-1141. You will be given the CTA with some background info and wording you can use (or use your own) You will be prompted to put in your zip code, You press #1 for Senator A and #2 for Senator B. Leave a message. All responses go to Mitch McConnell.
- Great job to Senators Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth (who was just sworn in last week) on co-sponsoring the Presidential Conflicts of Interest Act of 2017 along with Elizabeth Warren! All original co-sponsors of this legislation in the Senate included Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), and Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.). Let's call or write and thank them and ask them to keep up the good work! https://www.warren.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1342 Find senators here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
- IF you are from Arizona, West Virginia or Maine, it looks like your senators' votes might be crucial to Sessions' nomination: "Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a potential swing vote on the Senate Judiciary Committee, will support Sessions, a spokesman said Friday. That's a key pickup, given Flake's moderate views on immigration and social issues, and his opposition to Donald Trump during the campaign. Then moderate Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) said he would support Sessions as did moderate Republican Susan Collins of Maine, all but clinching his elevation." http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jeff-sessions-attorney-general-confirmation-231602 Find senators here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
- If you live in FLORIDA, ARIZONA, and KENTUCKY your calls concerning Tillerson are VERY important. “Being tight with Putin is a red line for some high-profile Senate Republicans, including Marco Rubio (Fla.), Jeff Flake (Ariz.) and Rand Paul (Ky.).They sit on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which will vote first on Tillerson. If just one or two vote against the nomination, that would swing the panel against the nod.” Find senators here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
- EarthJustice, the premier nonprofit environmental law organization, is asking us to support the clean power plan and to not let Trump scrap environmental protections: https://earthjustice.fightforclimate.org/clean-power-plan/
- If you have access to a fax machine, please consider faxing this doctored (by Sen. Schumer) letter (of Sen. McConnell) to Sen. Mitch McConnell at 202-224-2499. http://docdro.id/D1TMZj9
- Hello friends, the DNC just launched a new app (https://makecalls.democrats.org) that will help to activate the grassroots against Trump and his nominees. It will provide the phone numbers of users' members of Congress and fresh scripts of what to say. Learn more here: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/democrats-raise-concerns-about-trump-s-nominees-n704801