1/5/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! Thanks!
- On Wednesday, Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.),Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Tom Carper (D-Del.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) introduced legislation to create an independent, nonpartisan commission to comprehensively investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election. http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?id=4951F240-2DFE-427D-A5C0-16903602A8C6 As Sen. Feinstein said, “A Russian attack on our election system is an attack on our way of life. It must not go unchallenged. Our bill would create an independent investigative commission to confirm whether this was an attempt to undermine our democracy. An independent, bipartisan commission would help identify actors and recommend a course of action to prevent this from happening again.” Please call your senators and ask them to support this legislation: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page
- You may have done this before, but do it again! Paul Ryan's office is conducting a phone poll, hoping to hear overwhelming opposition to the Affordable Care Act. Here's how you can participate: Call (202) 225-0600....Press 2 to weigh in on the issue. You'll hear a recording about the bill to repeal it, then Press 1 to support continuing the Affordable Healthcare Act. If you can’t get through, go leave a message on his website: http://www.speaker.gov/contact
- Sen. McConnell (R-KY) wants stories about your experience with ACA. Tell him yours, here: http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Share-your-Obamacare-story
- Resist Now has posted a doc with easy-to-do action items: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMNitlAHTRF5su-0VCMe9nWkn3enqXt_tbP324aadX4/mobilebasic
- The NAACP, whose leadership was arrested for a peaceful sit-in at Session’s Alabama office earlier this week, IS ASKING EVERYONE TO CALL THEIR SENATORS to oppose Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, before his hearing on January 10, 2017. Here is a link to your legislators: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page
- Both houses of Congress meet tomorrow at 1pm to count the votes of the Electoral College. There is a chance this can be stopped or delayed. There are now three issues involved at this point: 1) Russian hacking with the intent to sway the election, 2) known voter suppression and 3) illegitimate electors (An independent group of attorneys has identified 50 Republican Electors who were ineligible to serve as presidential electors either because they did not live in the congressional districts they represented or because they already held elected office in states that legally bar dual officeholders.) Call 202 224 3121 (Capitol Operator) and tell your Representative and BOTH of your Senators “I am calling to encourage you to sign the voter objection recognizing election hacking, voter suppression, and objecting to each of the 50 indicated electors because they are constitutionally illegitimate." Also, call Senator Al Franken (D-MN) at 202-224-5641. He is on the Judiciary Committee and may be a senator willing to sign the voter suppression objection.
- Slow the Affordable Care Act dismantling nightmare down --call your Congressperson and/or support Republicans Susan Collins of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana who have openly signaled to slow this down, encourage them with contact too. Contact info below --5 minutes of phone calls can make a big difference! Find these senators and yours here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/