1/3/17 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
- Even though the media seems to think the change in heart was due to a Trump tweet, we know the work we all put into this!! (12:30pm EST) BREAKING NEWS: HOUSE REPUBLICANS REVERSES ATTACK ON OFFICE OF CONGRESSIONAL ETHICS: We arranged thousands of phone calls this morning and helped gain our first victory against the new Republican-dominated Congress. Amazing work everyone! -- Andy Kim, RISE
- By the way, if you called your congressperson on the ethics office issue, call or email him/her with thanks for listening. Perhaps if we acknowledge their work FOR us, they will be more likely to work WITH us in the future.
- Please help Newsweek and the Washington Post understand that it was not Trump’s morning tweet that kept the Independent Office on Ethics from getting gutted, but rather it was the work of millions of concerned citizens making our wishes known and who will continue to do so. There is a place to submit a correction at the bottom of this Newsweek link: http://www.newsweek.com/contact and here is how to contact the Washington Post: 800-627-1150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make January 20 a NO SHOPPING
Day across the country: https://www.facebook.com/events/425157331208491/
Use the "Power of the Purse." Let's show Washington that women
have power; we hold the purse strings! No groceries, clothing, eating out
or online purchases! Keep your money out of the marketplace.
Share this message with your friends and family. Men are welcome also: the more participation, the greater the impact. Remember: No spending on Inauguration Day, January 20. 2017. Share, Share, Share! Sponsored by W2W in northern Michigan Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310219829370517/
- Code Blue, an action FB group focusing on getting progressives elected to political positions, is looking for state co-captains across the nation. Duties include: 1) Organizing local actions for members in their state; 2) Advising the national group when additional efforts from across the country can aid local efforts/initiatives; 3) Getting to know the local political issues of their state; and 4) Coordinating local meet ups. Interested parties can send a message to the Code Blue public page: https://www.facebook.com/Code-Blue-921411884657382/
- IMPORTANT: the customer service number for Simon and Schuster is taking a tally of phone calls--your name and the state you're calling from. Please call and add your name: 1 (800) 223-2336
- Here is a list of all the known Twitter/Facebook links for members of Congress. Use it!! Hopefully, it will soon be updated with the information for the new members being sworn in today. A big thank-you to Triage Cancer for creating this. http://triagecancer.org/congressional-twitter-handles/
- Here is a good document for keeping track of Trump nominees and actions concering them: https://www.facebook.com/notes/connecting-dots/opposing-trumps-cabinet-cabinet-level-selections/1176290462408037
- Another good FB group to join to be kept up on what is happening is Action, Views and News USA https://www.facebook.com/groups/345574939148997/
- Write/call YOUR member of Congress to ask them whether they will protect healthcare for seniors, children and some of our most vulnerable citizens by voting against any repeal of the Affordable Care Act (Let's stop calling it Obamacare). Get a response from them through a staffer and don't give up until you do. Take notes, record what they say and make it public by posting it, including it in a letter to the editor, or contacting a local reporter in your town. Find your congresspersons here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- Join in with Sen. Sanders and tell Congress to protect and expand the healthcare needs of working family and not to cut them: https://go.berniesanders.com/page/s/our-first-stand
- Companies must refuse to build Trump’s Muslim registry – sign here: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/no_muslim_registry?