1/22/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Statement by Bernie Sanders on FB: “President Trump, you have made a big mistake. By trying to divide us up by race, religion, gender and nationality you have actually brought us closer together. Black, white, Latino, Native American and Asian American, gay or straight, male or female, native born or immigrant we will fight bigotry and create a government based on love and compassion, not hatred and divisiveness.
- If you would still like access to the Obama White House webpage, the archives are available here: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ You may want to save or print data.
- Want to be part of a standing ovation for President Obama? Check it out here: https://thestandingo.co/
- A new website went live on Friday just as Trump was officially sworn in. It is run by two groups, Free Speech for People and RootsAction, which believe Trump’s possible conflicts of interest are grounds for his ouster. Check it out and sign it here: http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/7003/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=24010
- America's President is a man who once tweeted that climate change is a hoax created by the Chinese. He has vowed to dismantle the EPA, has promised to kill America's first-ever national limits on the dangerous climate pollution spewing from our coal plants, and has pledged to undermine America's international leadership by pulling us out of the UN Paris Climate Agreement. Please join the Environmental Defense Fund in fighting Trump’s attacks on climate change. Let’s let them know that we believe in science. https://secure2.edf.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2852
- If you haven't become familiar with the code language for the alt-right---- now is a good time to educate yourself on the terms you may begin to hear more frequently. Knowledge is power. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alt-right-terminology-20161115-story.html
- Remember the folks who put together the useful “We’re His Problem Now” spreadsheet with calls to action and how to do them (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/174f0WBSVNSdcQ5_S6rWPGB3pNCsruyyM_ZRQ6QUhGmo/edit#gid=114941615)? They now have a website and an FB page. “Like” them here: https://www.facebook.com/thesixtyfive/ and check out their website here: http://thesixtyfive.org/home
- Please sign this petition by The National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare to President Trump today, urging him to REJECT efforts by Congress to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits, and privatize these critical programs. https://secure.ncpssm.org/content/urge-president-trump-to-protect-benefits-
- The Democratic Governors Association to hear from grassroots supporters like you to help us fight back against Trump’s corrupt administration. https://surveys.signforgood.com/DGATrumpBusiness/
- From Network, advocates for social justice inspired by Catholic nuns (Nuns on the Bus): As we move into the Trump Administration, let us as the NETWORK community commit to something new. For we know that now is not the time for “business as usual” in pursuit of the common good. Let’s Join them: http://act.networklobby.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=20610
- President Trump wants to begin cutting funding for hundreds of local rape crisis centers, the National Domestic Violence Hotline--which has served almost 4 million people--and sexual assault response training for hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officials. These groups do untold good for all our communities. Sign this: https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/no_cuts_ovw/ And contact your legislators: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- The Women’s March motivated one of our own to create a White House petition to bring back the pages the new administration deleted on civil rights, climate change, and LGBTQ. Please sign and share: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/return-official-pages-civil-rights-climate-change-lgbt-rights-whitehousegov-website
- Join Indivisible, MoveOn.org, and Working Families Party leaders for a live call and training this Sunday on how to take immediate and effective action to block the Trump/Republican agenda, starting with rallies at our senators' district offices this Tuesday to stop Trump's #SwampCabinet. https://act.moveon.org/survey/indivisible/