1/21/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Here are our marching orders from President Obama. We re fired up and ready to go!! https://www.facebook.com/TheAtlantic/videos/10155029763563487/
- On day one of the Trump presidency – and on behalf of the American public – the ACLU took legal action. They filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the Office of Government Ethics and three other government offices regarding Donald Trump's ethical and financial conflicts of interest. They are asking that the public sign to show their support of this move: https://action.aclu.org/secure/trumpFOIA
- The very first White House petition following Trump’s swearing in is calling for the immediately release of Donald Trump's full tax returns, with all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance. Please sign: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance
- Another White House petition was also created that calls for Trump to divest or put in a blind trust all of the President's business and financial assets. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/divest-or-put-blind-trust-all-presidents-business-and-financial-assets
- Take the oath to become an engaged,
active citizen. Wall-of-us is promoting a "Take the Oath"
campaign to get the public engaged, and you can subscribe to receive calls
- Never too late for good posters/artwork! http://ladieswhodesign.com/protest-posters/
- It is wonderful to see others around the world joining in our cause. http://bridgesnotwalls.uk/
- The Obama Foundation just began! The Obama Foundation is a living, working startup for citizenship — an ongoing project for us to shape, together, what it means to be a good citizen in the 21st century. Learn more here: https://youtu.be/ODVxuN6m6E8 Check it out here: https://www.obama.org/your-voice/
- Within moments of Donald Trump’s inauguration, the Trump Administration updated the White House website. While issues important to them were added, some other changes were also made: Climate change gone. Civil rights gone. LGBT rights gone. Immigration gone. Disabilities gone. Native Americans gone. Web content of issues important to the new administration have been updated. Contact the White House and your legislators to tell them that we need those assurances of civil rights back on the White House website. As the White House comment line is down, please contact the White House here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact and find your legislators here: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- The climate change content on the White House website was replaced by an “energy plan.” The plan says Trump “is committed to eliminating” the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the US rule. Rumors are flowing that approval of Keystone XL and Dakota Access could be next. Time to contact your legislators to impress on them that WE agree with science and that climate change is real and WE need to slow it down: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- An hour after the inauguration, at the nod of Trump, HUD reversed a mortgage insurance premium reduction that was to go into effect later this month that would have resulted in consumer savings. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-trump-fha-cut-20170120-story.html Who is he helping? Contact your legislators: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials