1/17/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- This is for everyone, but especially for those who will be marching this weekend. Download the ACLU “Mobile Justice App” to instantly record any civil rights violations, and know your rights. https://www.aclu.org/feature/aclu-apps-record-police-conduct
- This may provide some helpful wardrobe information for those people planning on marching this weekend: http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/2016/12/what-to-wear-to-a-protest-march.html
- This is a (growing) list of places in DC near the Women’s March that will have special Welcome Stations catering specifically to March attendees: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1-MbCRo0_c9N2krZ8EC_JGi6hlBQ&ll=38.89711392272274%2C-77.02499509999996&z=14
- Mary Englebreit, the illustrator is not able to march this weekend due to health reasons, but she is offering a free, hi-res download to anyone who wants to use it for a sign, a shirt, a FB picture, or to hang at home. Click here: http://www.maryengelbreit.com/products/our-bodies-free-download
- Pruitt has been a long-standing critic of the EPA and now he has a chance to lead it. Let’s join the Center for Food Safety, a national non-profit public interest and environmental advocacy organization working to protect human health and the environment, and Friends of the Earth, a non-governmental environmental organization, in opposing Pruitt for the head of EPA. We're going to need every single Senate Democrat with us to block Pruitt's appointment, but Sen. Carper (D-DE) might break ranks and help give Pruitt the job. So we need your help to prevent that from happening. Sign here to tell him to block Pruitt’s nomination: http://action.foe.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=20911
- Call these GOP senators who are involved in the DeVos hearing
to let them know your feelings about her for Education secretary: 1)
Sen Richard Burr (NC) 202-224-3154, 2) Bill Cassidy (LA)
message on VM left:202-224-5824, 3) Orin Hatch (UT) 202-224-5251,
4) Michael Enzi (WY) 202-224-3424, 5) Johnnie Isaacson (GA) 202-224-3643, 6) Susan Collins (ME) 202-224-2523, 7) Todd Young (IN 202-224-5623, 8) Tim Scott (SC) 202-224-6121. Backstory: http://www.eclectablog.com/2017/01/no-betsy-devos-is-not-qualified-to-be-secretary-of-education.html Even if you are not from their states, remind them that their decision will affect your children and the children of your state.
- Remember, if you are continually getting a full voice mailbox when you make your calls to your legislators that Sen. Sanders wants to know. His office is tracking these as it seems that some of these full mailboxes remain that way intentionally. Contact any one of his offices here: http://www.sanders.senate.gov/office-locations
- The armed white supremacist march scheduled for MLK Day in Whitefish, Montana has been postponed to possibly February. The group failed to complete the application process. http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/neo-nazi-site-white-supremacist-march-in-whitefish-postponed/article_79ebc25b-f2ba-57d9-9a87-8fc7d3dc8c18.html Let’s continue to keep the Whitefish citizens in our thoughts, by sending messages of support to the "Love Lives Here" group there that formed to counter this hate march. Let’s show our solidarity and let them know that there are more caring people out there than haters? You can contact them several ways: 1) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) via snail mail at Love Lives Here, P.O. Box 204, Whitefish, Montana 59938, 3) by phone at 406-309-5678, or 5) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/loveliveshereMT
- The Women’s March is the brainchild of Teresa Shook, a grandmother in Hawaii. We need to find a way to thank her. Thanks also go to those who picked up the torch and made this historic event a reality. http://abcnews.go.com/US/grandmother-organized-washington-march-felt-women-needed-stand/story?id=44814367
- Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Dick Durbin (D-IL) today reintroduced bipartisan legislation, the BRIDGE Act, to protect undocumented young people brought to the United States as children should the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program be discontinued under the next Administration. https://gutierrez.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/coffman-guti-rrez-graham-durbin-reintroduce-bridge-act-protect Please call/write your senators and ask them to co-sponsor, or at least support, this important bill. Tell them that you support the BRIDGE Act proposed by Graham, Durbin and others because young people who have signed up for the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program should not be unfairly penalized and deported if President-Elect Trump uses his executive power to cancel the DACA program. Find your senators here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?OrderBy=state