3/20/17 To-do List
Ø Please share Rogan’s List in your Facebook groups, Twitter, etc
Ø Please subscribe: In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- 27 Republican House members are considering voting against the GOP healthcare plan this week. Make sure they do so. Use the info in this to help: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsDez86TCuKD4WYuO_0QOB7dbhMwFa7HZ90gzRPahdk/htmlview#gid=0
- The vote on the AHCA is coming up this week. Rise Stronger has a list of the reps, with contact numbers, most likely to vote "no." Make some calls and stop the AHCA in the House! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr0dxUWDZlmMnd4UmFCV0ZvMEU/view
- The Gorsuch for Supreme Court hearing begins today. Continue to contact your senators to oppose him. The ACLU has a comprehensive thirty-six page report on Judge Neil Gorsuch, broken down by issues and cases. Check it out! https://www.aclu.org/other/aclu-report-nomination-judge-neil-gorsuch-supreme-court
- Thanks to Tell All Your Friends, here is another good list to use when seeking Republican senators most susceptible to pressure: http://www.tellallyourfriends.org/senators-most-susceptible-to-pressure.html
- Call your senators and ask them to oppose John Clayton for SEC Chair. He has numerous conflicts of interest that make him the wrong choice for this position. The Indivisible Guide has scripts available: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/3/15/oppose-jay-clayton-for-sec-chair
- Do not let up on Jeff Sessions. You can still make phone calls, asking him to resign. Head over to The 65 and use their call script: http://thesixtyfive.org/theIssues
- ICE agents arrested Zully Palacios and Enrique Balcazar, both human rights activists from Vermont, on March 17. They are now in detention awaiting a court date. Neither has a criminal record. Their targeting appears to be political retaliation for their effective work in defending the human rights of workers and immigrants in this country. Please sign this letter to Boston ICE field director asking for their release. http://migrantjustice.net/free-enrique-and-zully
- From Action Checklist for Americans of Conscience: Democrats and progressive Members of Congress (MoCs) need to hear from you on the issues you care about. Even when you're 100% sure they agree with your view and will vote accordingly. Here's why: Your stories give blue MoCs a backbone. Your lived experience supports their actions. If you are a progressive or Democrat, please pick up that phone (or visit) and tell them why you, personally, support or oppose issues and how they affect you. Don't leave them hanging. If you don't call with your stories, all they hear are the haters and could cave to them.
- Let’s send postcards of congratulations to the five fourth graders from Pleasant Run Elementary who won the Indianapolis robotics championship. The team, two who are African American and three who are Latino, deserved the award but not the “go back to Mexico” taunts they received from competitors and their families. http://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/suzette-hackney/2017/03/16/hackney-meet-kids-took-racism-won/99249796/ Send to PantherBots, Pleasant Run Elementary, 1800 N Franklin Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46219.
- The organizers for the Tax March want to know why you're marching, or why you think it's important for Trump to share his tax returns. Share your story: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/why-im-marching
- Keep looking for creative ways to support and resist: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/03/17/people-are-sending-epa-employees-chocolate-chip-cookies-and-thank-you-cards/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.de22c10b56f7
Petitions to Sign
- Sign CREDO Action's petition: Tell Democratic Leaders Resist Trump's Handout to War Profiteers: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/trump_war_profiteers?t=1&akid=22176.11114362.28cXvl
- VoteVets is asking that we sign their petition opposing Trump’s budget that pits veterans against the poor: http://action.votevets.org/page/s/trumps_budget
- CREDO Action has a petition opposing Clayton for SEC Chair: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/clayton_sec?t=1&akid=22201.11114362.KGV0D_
- Reflecting on Love and Action http://tinyletter.com/revel-reflect-recharge/letters/reflecting-on-love-and-action
- The Danger of Slipping into a Restlessness Helplessness: http://www.onbeing.org/blog/courtney-martin-the-danger-of-slipping-into-a-restless-helplessness/
3. The Ultimate Ongoing List of Anti-Trump Resistance Victories: https://thetempest.co/2017/02/11/news/whats-working-an-ongoing-list-of-progressive-victories-in-2017/