3/19/17 To-do List
Ø Please share Rogan’s List in your Facebook groups, Twitter, etc
Ø Please subscribe: In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- "In the midst of
what the UN has called the worst humanitarian situation since
1945,[Trumps] budget sends a message that America is turning its back on
the rest of the world." Let's join Oxfam in telling Congress to
protect life-saving programs from these cuts: https://secure3.oxfamamerica.org/page/speakout/tell-congress-protect-programs-that-save-lives
- From RISE Stronger: Twenty-two Republican Representatives need to vote 'No' next Thursday in order to stop TrumpCare. So far 17 Republicans have indicated that they would likely vote against TrumpCare. Five more votes are needed. Here are are the ten most vulnerable Republicans that could get us to 22 votes. Let’s help them make up their minds before the next vote on Thursday, March 23 - the seventh anniversary of the original ACA signing. Click here for more information about saving our health care.
- Rep. Kennedy knocks it out of the park again. https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanJoeKennedyIII/videos/1569662856488603/ Let’s send some thank you postcards to him for speaking up for ALL of us.
- During this past week it came to light that Sebastian Gorka, a deputy assistant to Trump, has ties to a Nazi-aligned group. Three senators have asked the Dept. of Justice to investigate Gorka’s U.S. citizenship application in light of this new information. http://www.businessinsider.com/sebastian-gorka-vitezi-rend-nazi-trump-2017-3 Let’s ask our representatives to sign on to this request.
- “When it comes to immigration reform we should adhere to our values. We should not separate families, take away spouses, or take away parents of children to fill a quota. And what does this policy say? That we’re a nation about quotas, about filling private prisons, and driving profits.” https://www.facebook.com/corybooker/videos/10156651169742228/ Let’s join Sen. Booker and ask our own legislators to stand with him and against this policy.
- On Monday, the House Intelligence Committee holds the first hearing on the Russian election hacking. There are some big questions that need to be answered: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/opinion/what-to-ask-about-russian-hacking.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0 Let’s call members of the Committee and tell them the questions we feel are important. Majority members: http://intelligence.house.gov/about/hpsci-majority-members.htm Minority members: http://intelligence.house.gov/about/hpsci-minority-members.htm
- The inaction by Congress in response to Rep. King's white supremacist comments is unacceptable. Keep calling your MoC, asking that King be removed from the Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice
- Flint still does not have clean water. Nonetheless, MI Governor Snyder has chosen to end water bill credits to the citizens who still cannot use the water. https://www.usnews.com/news/michigan/articles/2017-02-13/flint-mayor-criticizes-end-of-state-credits-on-water-bills Here is a CTA from @altUSEPA on Twitter: Call Snyder's office and ask him to give $12m to Flint for 6 months of extra water credit funding. He can think of it as a tiny restitution. http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-57827-267869--,00.html Then let Flint's Mayor Weaver know what you did so she knows the support she's got from Americans like you. https://www.cityofflint.com/office-of-the-mayor/ If this administration has taught us nothing else, we need to look out for each other.
- For info and background on a multitude of #resistance issues, make sure to check out the Resistance Manual. Since it is a wiki-type document, we can make suggestions for additions! https://www.resistancemanual.org/Resistance_Manual_Home
- Here’s the one spot to make public comments on changing federal rules and regulations: https://www.regulations.gov/
- The Tax March is happening in Washington, D.C. and all over the country on April 15 in support of Trump revealing his tax information. “Throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump told the American people he would release his tax returns and come clean about his business dealings, as presidential candidates and presidents have done for decades. Despite intense public pressure, President Donald Trump has not yet done so. In refusing to release these tax returns, he is able to hide his business dealings, financial ties, and conflicts of interest.” For more info and locations of marches: http://taxmarch.org/
- Organizing for Action is asking us to write a Letter to the Editor for our local newspapers, sharing why we're against repealing/replacing the ACA. They have guidelines and a sample template available: http://bit.ly/2mVtX5x
- Muslim Advocates, a national legal advocacy and education organization, will be hosting a live broadcast on Facebook Tuesday, March 21st, at 1pm EST. The Public Advocacy Director will be discussing current campaigns. You can RSVP for the event and submit a question in advance: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevOhg-GwfCnAW3n0urxn_AcLgR7Dolaac8DnK-8iYHyIyW_g/viewform?c=0&w=1 Learn more about the Muslim Advocates organization: https://www.muslimadvocates.org/about/
- Check out Alder, a new iOS app that gives you a daily social action to do. For more info, click here: http://getalder.com/
Petitions to Sign
- Common Defense, a diverse, grassroots organization of U.S. veterans and military family members who are fighting to preserve the core values we swore to uphold and defend would like us to join in their petition to investigate Trumps connections to Russia: http://www.commondefensepac.org/investigate-trump-relationship-with-kremlin
- Protect My Public Media is a collaboration of local public radio and television stations, national distributors, producers, viewers, listeners and others who support a strong public media in the United States. The goal of the campaign is to activate our audiences to support federal funding for public media by taking a stand for the local stations and programs they love. http://protectmypublicmedia.org/
- Undocumented or not, mothers and children should not be separated at the border. Let’s join MomsRising in a petition to 45 saying just that: http://action.momsrising.org/sign/Proposal_Separating_Children_from_Mothers_at_SouthernBorder/
- Many thanks to Peace is Loud for its weekly “Small Victories” that keeps us up on the good stuff that is happening! http://www.peaceisloud.org/blog/small-victories-issue-11
- Democrats Release List of Over 100 Questions President Trump Refuses to Answer” -- https://www.dpcc.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=631
- Just released: “America Goes to The Polls,” a report that ranks all 50 states in voter turnout for the 2016 election and identifies policies that help contribute to higher turnout.” http://www.nonprofitvote.org/america-goes-to-the-polls-2016/