3/15/17 To-do List
1) Please share this link in social media: https://roganslist.blogspot.com/
2) Please subscribe: In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- Let’s do our part to keep protecting trans rights at the forefront of people’s minds using this approach from The Weekly Resistance: http://www.weekly-resistance.online/past/transRights.html
- In response to the ACA repeal/replace, MoveOn will be organizing outside the district offices of nine Republican Senators and 23 Republican Representatives who hold the decisive votes for peaceful "Stakeouts to Save Our Health Care" from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. this Thursday and Friday, March 16 and 17, when members of Congress return home for a scheduled "district work period". Let’s join in! Find out where: https://act.moveon.org/event/healthcare-stakeoutAttendee/
- Tell House Members and Senators to Say NO to HR 34, (and its senate companion bill) a dangerous measure that seeks to repeal the Gun Free School Zone Act, thereby allowing guns on school campuses, designated as Gun Free Zones, thus endangering students and making them less safe. The bill is falsely portrayed as a “Student Safety” measure. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/34/text
- Senate Democrats are "split over how aggressively to oppose Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee." http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/gorsuch-supreme-court-democrats-confirmation-235941 Let’s contact them to let them know just how hard we think they should.
- Here’s another fun source for resistance postcards! There are five different, colorful versions of: “I will resist. I will persist.” https://www.etsy.com/listing/503984280/postcards-for-the-resistance-political
- RSVP for MomsRising's telephone townhall on civics: http://action.momsrising.org/survey/KeepMarchingTeleTownHall_Civics/
- Join Showing Up for Racial Justice’s (SURJ) teleconference on March 21st, "Political Education: Call to Action - What, Why, How?" Registration: http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/7E7Q1C0DPHFT4HX Here’s the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/381739712210177/
- The ACLU has launched People Power and the Freedom Cities Campaign. Check out the guide, along with the planned action items: https://peoplepower.org/freedom-cities.html
- Let’s join MomsRising and start “Creating Welcoming Communities for Immigrant Families: https://www.momsrising.org/blog/creating-welcoming-communities-for-immigrant-families
- Let’s check out a new Facebook bot, called WeBot, that will alert us to protests near by. http://mashable.com/2017/02/08/facebook-bot-trump-protests-webot/#YBb3ZKk0Y8qg Here’s the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/WeBot/ If we send a message on that page, we will get notices.
- Jon Ossoff is running as a Dem in GA and we can help turn that House seat blue! http://politics.blog.myajc.com/2017/03/13/jon-ossoff-rattles-republicans-in-race-for-georgias-sixth/ Election Day is 4/18. Here are the ways we can help: 1) Donate, 2) Sign Up to Volunteer (you can do remote phone banking!) 3) Sign Up for Campaign Email List (scroll down to see the signup box), 4) Follow on Twitter, and 5) Follow on FB
- Let’s share this with anyone who may need it: Notifica is a smartphone app that works as a panic button for detained immigrants. http://www.ibtimes.com/ice-raids-notifica-app-works-panic-button-detained-immigrants-2506368 App website: http://notifica.us/
- With the Muslim Ban implementation occurring very soon, RISE Stronger and leading Muslim American organizations are convening a full team conference on Wednesday March 15 from 8-9 pm EDT, the eve of the ban, Andy Kim, RISE founder, will be leading a discussion with top national leaders of the Muslim American community to share their perspectives about the real implications of not just the Muslim Ban, but also other discriminatory actions that RISE expects the Trump Administration and Republicans in Congress to pursue. RISE wants to show the broader picture of what Trump plans to do in the coming months. This will be a call open to the public so please feel free to invite others. Shareable public event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/1817864971869397/
Petitions to Sign
- The DNC wants us to join them in seeking an investigation into Trump’s Russian ties: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/investigate-trump-s-ties-to-russia
- The Economic Policy Institute sees the new healthcare proposal as a disguise for a tax giveaway to the wealthy and the healthcare industry. http://www.epipolicycenter.org/trumpcare-2017/
- DAPL and Keystone are not the only troublesome pipelines: https://www.waterislifemovement.com/pipelines/
- The Pew Research Center gives us five facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/
- “Trump is About to Get Thousands of Ruthless, Hilarious Postcards” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ides-of-trump-postcards_us_58c821d5e4b081a56defd866