3/10/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
- Who knew that healthcare could be so complicated??? Lots of folks, like this one: https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanJoeKennedyIII/videos/1557058887749000/ Let’s do a postcard avalanche of thanks to Rep Kennedy (D-MA) for watching out for ALL of us!
- Secretary Pruitt, in charge of protecting the environment, does not believe that carbon dioxide primarily impacts climate. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/09/epa-chief-scott-pruitt.html Perhaps he missed this on Cosmos (with a reference to the original Cosmos): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUPIX7yEOM Let’s all send him this video link to help him understand. Email him here: Pruitt.scott@Epa.gov
- Thirteen state attorneys general are asking Trump to throw out recent federal rules regulating the environment for endangered or threatened species: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/states-attack-u-s-endangered-species-act-rules/ Here are some clickable tweets to send to the attorneys general of those states: http://greentweets2017.blogspot.com/
- Join Save the Children in urging Congress to oppose the refugee ban and stop cuts to programs that help refugees: http://action.savethechildrenactionnetwork.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=21173
- Make your voice heard! House Dem Whip @WhipHoyer is collecting opinions and keeping a tally on GOP healthcare bill https://resistrepeal.org/
- And then, to learn in a back-handed way, that mental health coverage is no longer required to be covered under the new health plan: https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanJoeKennedyIII/videos/1555764937878395/ Contact your legislators and let them know that we know that parity is not the same thing as automatically covered. Mental health coverage is too important to lose.
- From one of our own: Find and track bills on voter registration for your state at this tracking site. Voting should be made easy for citizens. Find your state. Chose a bill. Contact your state legislators: https://www.legiscan.com/gaits/search?state=ALL&keyword=Voter+registration
- Childcare remains an issue and again, those of us who are poorer will have a much more difficult time unless changes are made. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/08/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-says-donald-trumps-child-care-proposa/ Reliance on tax deductions favor those with more money. Let’s let our legislators know that we need fair, accessible childcare help.
- Tell your representative to oppose H.J. Resolution 83- which would make it more difficult for OSHA to hold companies accountable when they violate regulations: http://bit.ly/2m7Dq8o
- Ousted former National Security Adviser Flynn was a foreign agent and the Trump campaign did not know. And THEY think that immigrants are not vetted well enough? https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-03-09/former-trump-aide-flynn-says-lobbying-may-have-helped-turkey Again, contact your legislators to seek an independent evaluation of foreign influence on our election and on our government.
- Keep calling on your MoC, asking them to stand up and oppose the new Muslim Ban. Details and script: https://5calls.org/#issue/recQa6ru0oQV7vxSx
- From one of our own: Participate in #TheIdesOfTrump March 15th postcard assault!! It’s easy! The goal is to have millions of postcards expressing exactly what’s on our minds arriving at the White House mail facility. Write one or write a dozen. Regular size postcards require a 34-cent stamp. Just be sure to date them “March 15” and get them in the mail that day, addressed to President Donald J. Trump, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC. 20500.
- Tweet: @NYCMayor Let's inspire generations of little girls to represent on Wall Street. #FearlessGirl #MakeHerPermanent #PutHerOnTheBoard
- Take part in this yes/no survey by Conservative Tribune: Do you agree with Trump’s revival of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines: http://forms.conservativetribune.com/tools/polls/poll-do-you-agree-with-trumps-revival-of-the-keystone-xl-and-dakota-access-pipelines/
- From Postcards for America: Let's send postcards to the CEOs of the major car manufacturers, letting them know that we will not purchase any vehicle in the future that do not adhere to the fuel efficiency standards agreed upon during the Obama administration. Here’s how: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0k1qCMVpKZpQ0thU2NSdEZJX1E
- If you are free this Saturday, March 11, there is an opportunity for us to help “Call to Turn a House Seat Blue: Phone Bank for James Thompson”. James is the Democratic nominee in the Kansas Fourth Congressional District, and needs our help. Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1823011711358014/
Petitions to Sign
- It is way past time for Amazon to stop advertising on Breitbart. If you agree, sign here: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/amazon-stop-supporting
- Let’s join Let America Vote: Tell Congress to NOT eliminate the Election Assistance Commission, the only federal agency whose job is to make sure that voting booths are not hacked: https://secure.letamericavote.org/page/s/e170308
- The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is currently leading a march on Washington: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/standing-rock-sioux-tribe-leads-indian-march-on-washington/2017/03/07/4c9d6498-036e-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.7d80fe5609e3 Tell Congress to demand a full and fair environmental review of DAPL: http://lakotalaw.org/NoDAPL
- Here is an interesting look at what illegal immigration really looks like in the USA: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/08/517561046/how-americas-idea-of-illegal-immigration-doesnt-always-match-reality
- The irrational fear of refugees: https://www.facebook.com/Upworthy/videos/1443230729051114/
- Activist Nick DeCaro has shared his compilation of resources for civic activism. He updates it regularly and has it pinned to my Twitter account. Use it and follow him: @decaro_nick. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vgXEGhhv8ezE6O8lvDf69GIUR0SfUz-hVJxZ2HGqnFg/edit