2/5/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) has introduced HR 676, a bill to expand Medicare for all: http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-medicare-for-all-20170203-story.html Contact your representative to voice your support: https://www.callmycongress.com or by free online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php
- Interested in seeing where your legislator stands on Trump’s immigration ban? Check here: http://www.npr.org/2017/02/01/512860167/congress-tracker-trumps-refugee-and-immigration-executive-order then get after your people who are not opposed and contact them to let them know that you do not support their stand. Contact your legislators here: https://www.callmycongress.com or by free online fax here: Reps: https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php and Senate: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php
- Ready to march? April 15th: The Tax March to show that the people *do* want to see Trump's tax returns. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-critics-plan-to-hold-a-protest-march-on-tax-day/article/2613028 Check out more info here: https://taxmarch.org/
- As you know, due to pressure from many like us, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has withdrawn from his role on Trump's council. He was just one among many business leaders who are serving as advisers to the Trump administration. Keep the pressure on them to distance themselves from Trump, starting here: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/Trump_CEOs
- From one of our own: In case you are wondering your senator's position on releasing coal ash in the air (then gets in the water ), look it up yourself. Act accordingly. https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00042 Contact your senators here https://www.callmycongress.com or by free online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php
- National Pride March 2017 is set for June 11 in Washington, D.C. Here is the FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1949652305264195/
- There is a nationwide coffee fundraiser for the ACLU going on this weekend! It’s not too lake to have a nice beverage and help fundraise: http://sprudge.com/a-nationwide-coffee-fundraiser-for-the-aclu-115163.html Scroll all the way down the page to see a state-by-state listing of participating coffeeshops!
- Please join Courage Campaign, a progressive grassroots advocacy organization, in their attempt to stop the confirmation of Gorsuch for Supreme Court: http://act.couragecampaign.org/sign/block-trumps-supreme-court-nominee
- Marquette County (MI) Republican Party secretary and former Chair, Dan Adamini calls for “another Kent State” to deal with campus protesters. His remarks in social media were appalling. http://www.eclectablog.com/2017/02/northern-michigan-republican-calls-for-another-kent-state-to-deal-with-campus-protesters.html Let’s let him know how we feel about such an insensitive statement. Find him on FB: https://www.facebook.com/intherightmindmqt and on Twitter: @ While we are at let, let’s let the Marquette County Republican Office know, too at 2680 US Hwy 41 West, Marquette, MI 49855 OR P.O. Box 872, Marquette, MI 49855
- If you’ve not already done so, take a look at the new Biden Foundation and sign up to keep informed of their work: http://bidenfoundation.org/
- From one of our own: Scott Pruitt 101: We need to get ever future/child/nature/conservation/science/earth/truth loving person on the horn, Pruitt is funded by the very groups the EPA needs to be putting in check and you know, he's a puppet for them, no conspiracy, just some real research and journalism. For anyone who regales tales of Climate Change as a partisan issue, keep this fact in your pocket: Nixon started the EPA. Even if we can't stop these unprincipled cabinet candidates, let's make it clear: Mother (Earth) has her EYES on you... and so do #WeThePeople! Let Bill Moyers tell you why we need to oppose this candidate: https://www.facebook.com/moyersandcompany/videos/1581541141863891/ Contact your senator to voice your opposition: https://www.callmycongress.com or by free online fax here: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php
- From The Ides of Trump: On March 15th, each of us will mail Donald Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him. For more information and details: https://www.facebook.com/TheIdesOfTrump/
- From Connecting Dots: This open letter for you to sign is from the great people at Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and their Election Protection coalition. “Call to Action: Tell President Trump and Congress That They Should Focus on Voter Suppression”: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJGoBw67oJwGIR-ude12Oo9SMeE-yKvcoiWRVqrc4J9GyIKQ/viewform When asked for law firm/organization, put anything you think is appropriate.
- From one of our own: While we were not paying attention, a bill to withdraw the US from the UN was introduced. H.R.193 American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2017 was introduced to the House on Jan. 3 and has been referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. This bill repeals the United Nations Participation Act of 1945 and other specified related laws. http://www.businessinsider.com/american-sovereignty-restoration-act-us-withdraw-un-2017-1 Let’s keep our eye on this one: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193
- If you are overseas, or know someone who is, there are still many ways you can be involved. Take a look at some of them here: http://docdro.id/4kAvc2T
- If you don’t already follow it, SCOTUSblog is a very readable, but informative site for news of the Supreme Court. In this edition shares insights concerning key players in the upcoming Supreme Court confirmation process: http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/02/key-players-upcoming-supreme-court-confirmation-process/
- Interested in seeing if your legislator has an upcoming town meeting? Town Hall Project 2018 is a progressive, volunteer-based initiative working to identify and promote upcoming Congressional forums nationwide. Check here to find yours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yq1NT9DZ2z3B8ixhid894e77u9rN5XIgOwWtTW72IYA/edit#gid=1473996386
- From Sen. Schumer “The President's attack on Judge James Robart [for ordering a temporary stay on the immigration ban], a Bush appointee who passed through the Senate with 99 votes, shows a disdain for an independent judiciary that doesn't always bend to his wishes and a continued lack of respect for the Constitution, making it more important that the Supreme Court serve as an independent check on the administration. With each action testing the Constitution, and each personal attack on a judge, President Trump raises the bar even higher for Judge Gorsuch's nomination to serve on the Supreme Court. His ability to be an independent check will be front and center throughout the confirmation process.” Write your reps and senators and urge them to push back on Trump’s bigoted Muslim ban here: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-congress-push-back-on-trumps-muslim-ban and call them too: : https://www.callmycongress.com or by free online fax here: Reps: https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php and Senate: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php