2/18/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
- Even though a judge has ordered the release of 3,000 of Pruitt’s e-mails, Pruitt was confirmed by the Senate as head of the EPA before those emails were released. Call your senators and demand that they nullify that vote until those e-mails can be reviewed. More info here: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/judge-holds-hearing-on-whether-epa-nominee-violated-transparency-law.html
- Speaker of the House Paul Ryan refused to include Hispanic members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus a meeting with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Acting Director Thomas Homan: http://fusion.net/story/387323/congressional-hispanic-caucus-ice-meeting/ Call Paul Ryan's office at one of these numbers and tell him this is unacceptable: 1) D.C. Office: (202) 225-3031, 2) Janesville Office: (608) 752-4050, )3 Kenosha Office: (262) 654-1901, 4) Racine Office: (262) 637-0510, 5) Constituent Hotline: 1-888-909-7926. Contact your own representative as well.
- Let’s all thank Rep. Jones (R-NC) for co-sponsoring the Protecting Our Democracy Act (H.R. 356) which will establish a National Commission on Foreign Interference in the 2016 Election. He is the first Republican to do so. For more info here: http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/320087-hacking-investigation-bill-gets-first-republican-cosponsor
- Join Credo Action at 6:00 p.m. PST/9 p.m. EST Tuesday, Feb. 21 for a special call with Sen. Elizabeth Warren to talk about how to use the current momentum to oppose and resist Trump’s agenda. RSVP here: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/elizabeth-warren-call
- Attend or create an event during Resistance Recess while your legislators are home! Map, materials, and press releases here: https://www.resistancerecess.com/event/resist-recess/search/
- From Build the Wave: …want to plug the Fallada Project. Basically participants, following the brave acts of a couple who lead a postcard resistance against the Nazis, buy/print, address and stamp the postcards on the site and leave them EVERYWHERE as an act of local resistance, hopefully leading to an act of national resistance as people find and mail the cards. There's only one card template now, but I understand there will be more options soon. And you can buy them addressed to the White House or with a blank address. Oh and your first 250 cards are free with a code from Vistaprint. Personally, I'm not a #NotMyPresident person (I know people swing both ways on this, but that's my stance), but the cards say #NotOurChoice, and that subtle difference appeals to me. Check them out here: http://falladaproject.org/
- Trump supporters are calling for a boycott of Shepard Smith after the Fox News anchor called out Trump for his lies and behavior at the latest news conference. Read more here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/shepard-smith-slams-president-trump/98023272/ Call Fox News and let them know you support Smith's reporting on Trump: 888-369-4762 , or comment on his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ShepardSmith/, or leave him a Tweet: @
- From one of our own: Jason Chaffetz is once again going after Hillary Clinton's emails. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-02-16-18-55-15 I went to the whistleblower section of the House Oversight Committee's site to report wrongdoing on the part of the Oversight Committee itself. You can do that here: https://oversight.house.gov/whistle/ Here's what I said: “The Committee is once again focusing on Hillary Clinton's emails rather than a real emergency: Russian interference in our election, the transition afterwards, and the new administration. Aside from the ENORMOUS waste of taxpayer money, what on earth are you thinking? Shoddy ethics and partisan payback will not sit well with the electorate come 2018. Do your job.”
- There is still time to be part of the postcard avalanche for Paul Ryan. Since he is so hard to get a hold of, on Wednesday UltraViolet wants to deliver a truckload of postcards to his house with our concerns. Go here to write your message for them to include: https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/paulryan_postcards/
Petitions to Sign
- Please sign this multi-sponsored petition asking for Bannon to be removed from the National Security Council which is supposed to be group of the president's most senior military, diplomatic, and intelligence advisors, not political strategists. https://www.signherenow.org/petition/stop-bannon-nsc/courage/
- Trump’s Ethics Monitor: http://www.npr.org/2017/02/17/513724796/trump-ethics-monitor-has-the-president-kept-his-promises
- How the ACA could change quickly, but hurt some vulnerable citizens: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/upshot/republican-health-proposal-would-redirect-money-from-poor-to-rich.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0
- An interesting take on the Trump media survey posted yesterday: http://www.npr.org/2017/02/17/515791540/the-trump-media-survey-is-phenomenally-biased-it-also-does-its-job-well