1/2/17 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
- Sign the petition asking the New York Times and other news media to stop using the term “alt-right” and instead use the proper terms. https://www.change.org/p/new-york-times-stop-using-term-alt-right
- We need to stop Mike Pence and ban abusive conversion therapy before more innocent LGBT kids are tortured. Please sign your name. http://go.fightforequality.org/page/s/conversion-therapy-a-2
- Here is a petition to the CEO of Twitter to remove Trump’s Twitter account: http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/petition-twitter-to-suspend.fb49
- #Grab Your Wallet Action Guide is a well-put-together guide on how to use your wallet as a resistance tool: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sdKwAu8Md66C1eYYCi7B5p-EahVHrrVUcpUVEWeskbM/edit
- If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have benefited from the ACA, or if you’re standing in solidarity with those millions of Americans, head to www.weekly-resistance.online to call your members of Congress and tell them!
- Jan. 3 the House of Representatives is voting on Paul Ryan's horrible proposal to stop live streaming of H of R sessions. We can't let this go http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-12-27/paul-ryan-proposes-ban-on-live-streaming-from-house-floor Call your Representative! To find your rep, click here http://www.whoismyrepresentative.com. If your district just elected a new rep in November, the info might be out of date, but the Washington phone number will go to your new rep.
- The League of Women Voters wants us to help stop the repeal of healthcare: http://participate.lwv.org/c/10065/p/dia/action3/common/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=12595
- We need another postcard avalanche telling one of our newspapers that we feel lies should be called out and noted as such and not couched in euphemisms, as they are wanting to do with Trump. Wall Street Journal: 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036