12/7/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something!
NOTE: If you signed up for email updates, please make sure to respond to the confirmation email that was sent to you. You will not receive updates until you complete that process and become a verified subscriber.
- While it seemed like a success, the denial of the DAPL easement has not stopped DAPL from continuing their pipeline drilling. They don't mind the $50K per day fine. They expect that the denial of the easement will be reversed with the incoming Administration. The camp is staying put. In the meantime, the Water Protector's Legal Collective working with the Standing Rock protesters needs financial donations for legal expenses and operations. Please donate here: https://www.facebook.com/WaterProtectorLegal/
- Tell Donald Trump: Don’t use the Presidency to enrich yourself and your friends! Keep corporate lobbyists out of your administration. http://action.foe.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=20766&okay=true
- Here’s a helpful article. “How to Effectively Lobby Your Congressperson”: http://theslot.jezebel.com/how-to-effectively-lobby-your-congressperson-1788958124
- Another opportunity to join a positive group…join the #LoveArmy! http://www.thedreamcorps.org/lovearmy . More info on Van Jones and his project: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/van-jones-only-a-love-army-will-conquer-trump-w454026
- Some historical perspective for us: Trump’s Presidency: It’s Been this Bad Before
- VoteRiders is a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that all citizens are able to exercise their right to vote. VoteRiders informs and helps citizens to secure their voter ID as well as inspires and supports organizations, local volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts. They need our help! http://www.voteriders.org/
- Petition to General Colin Powell to ask electors to block Trump presidency: https://www.change.org/p/general-colin-powell-urge-electors-to-block-trump-presidency?recruiter=3618003&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg
- More Trump “victory tour” events have been added! Keep requesting tickets (I hear people are using fake names/numbers and even signing up to be volunteers!). https://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule/
Governor Kasich's office and urge him to veto the bill that just passed
both the Ohio House and Senate to not allow abortions after six
weeks. He may not listen to
out-of-state voters, but he might as well get a bunch of opposition
messages. Phone: (614) 466-3555
- If you’ve gotten this far, please feel free to scroll down and see the action items for previous days. Many of them are still very doable and needed!
There is a protest scheduled at the State Capitol on Dec. 19, the day the Michigan electors meet to cast their votes. https://www.facebook.com/events/1123202864431054/