12/27/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
Please remember that due to all the petitions and joining we’ve been doing over the last several weeks that we are now on many email lists for organizations that will most likely be seeking end-of-year charitable donations. While it may make for some less-than-desired email, please give what you can and be tolerant knowing that these organizations do so much good on our behalf.
- The ACLU has a law enforcement accountability tool you can use on your phone. Michigan is one of less than 20 states that currently have a mobile app available through the ACLU. It looks really interesting, and you can find more info here: https://www.aclu.org/feature/aclu-apps-record-police-conduct
- A group called “Love Lives Here in the Flathead Valley” is under attack by Richard Spencer and the KKK. A Neo-Nazi group is planning an “armed March Against Jews” in Richard Spencer’s Hometown of Whitefish, Montana. Additionally, they have urged their fellow haters to write nasty and threatening messages to the "Loves Lives Here" group. A neo-Nazi website called the Daily Stormer, published the names of the Whitefish activists who are all woman, along with their photos, phone numbers, Twitter handles and email addresses and encouraged its readers to spam "Love Lives Here". Let’s send messages of love and support to the "Love Lives Here" group to show our solidarity and let them know that there are more caring people out there than haters? You can contact them several ways: 1) via email at email@example.com 2) via snail mail at Love Lives Here, P.O. Box 204, Whitefish, Montana 59938, 3) by phone at (406) 309-5678 , 4) on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LoveLivesHereFlathead/ or 5) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/loveliveshereMT
- Let’s tell the Senate “As representatives of all Americans, you must stand up against hatred and greed. Fight to block and resist every Trump nominee who embraces racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, climate denial, and Wall Street greed.” https://blocktrumpscabinet.com/
- Climate Reality Project, a non-profit organization involved in education and advocacy related to climate change, needs our help in telling the Senate that we can’t trust big oil insiders with the health of our families and our environment. https://www.climaterealityproject.org/bigoil?
- Let us support Congresswoman Velázquez (D-NY) in her request to Attorney General Loretta Lynch to form a special counsel to investigate the Russian cyberattacks on our election. Call the Attorney General’s Department Comment Line at 202-353-1555. Use or modify this script: “I’m calling to support Representative Velázquez’ request for Attorney General Lynch to appoint a special counsel to investigate Russia’s influence on the election. Trump has recently denied the conclusions of our entire intelligence community and insists that Russia did not interfere. His dangerous position warrants an investigation into his campaign’s knowledge of Russia’s attacks. While Congress may conduct its own investigation, The Department of Justice is in a unique position to appoint a special counsel, which would be independent of political influence. I ask you to use your power to ensure that the American people obtain a thorough investigation of these matters.”
- Should you feel you are a good fit, please sign this STATEMENT BY FEMINIST SCHOLARS ON THE ELECTION OF DONALD TRUMP AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScM6SDWMqgAl5YHpGyQsXBBRjK58CXd6KIunPzGbXMhcktDVQ/viewform
- Sign the petition insisting that President Obama declassify the CIA’s report on torture. djt promises to do worse to the people our country detains, and this documentation shows it doesn’t work. https://www.standtallforamerica.com/petition/torture-report/e/
- SIGN THE PETITION: DEMAND TRUMP CABINET NOMINEES RELEASE TAX RETURNS: https://www.signherenow.org/petition/cabinet-tax-returns/gillibrand/
- By 2030, the Republicans plan would reduce a middle-income 65-year-old’s benefits by 17% without any tax increases to the richest Americans. Sen. Tom Udall (D-NM) wants to protect Social Security. Let him know that you side with him! http://www.tomudall.com/landing/e161216/
- Consider joining and donating to the America Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which fights for people's rights in courts, legislatures, and communities throughout the country. They stand ready to take on Donald Trump or anyone else who tries to advance unconstitutional assaults on our rights. https://action.aclu.org/secure/protect-peoples-rights-8?
- RISE When We Fall is a new public Facebook page of the group that is working to become the largest citizen watchdog organization in the country with the mission to monitor Trump. https://www.facebook.com/RISE-When-We-Fall-302211596839441/
- Let’s stand with Rep. Cummings who is asking Congress to investigate Trump's massive web of potential corruption! http://act.credoaction.com/sign/trump_cummings_corruption/?
- Today’s item from Daily Action: tell NBC to fire Trump as executive producer of The Apprentice as it is a major conflict of interest. Call 844-241-1141 or use this link to send them a message: http://www.nbc.com/contact-us