12/23/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable.
I will be taking a few days off from list making over the Christmas holiday so that I can spend time with my loved ones. If you are so motivated, please feel free to go back through these lists and work on items you've not done yet. Many of them are still active and need your help. Thank you for understanding.
- Tell your Senator to vote no on the confirmation of Betsy DeVos for Secretary of Education: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-your-senator-to-vote-no-for-betsy-devos?source=direct_link& if you’d like to do more, click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/144TRjqgFKNs9Xm8fEm9Q_u00D4LMLlNrlg9NthB1ACU/edit
- Tell state legislatures: Dismantle the outdated Electoral College system by joining the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact: http://act.credoaction.com/sign/popular_vote_compact/
- Something we all should read: Peter Drier’s “Preparing for President Trump A 10-point plan for activists, politicians, the press and everyday citizens” on Bill Moyer’s website: http://billmoyers.com/story/list-anti-trump-liberals-progressives/
- Help impeach Maine Governor Paul LaPage. On Election Day, Maine voters approved an increase in the minimum wage to $12 an hour, a major step forward in the fight against income inequality. But Gov. Paul LePage told his Department of Labor not to enforce the new $12 minimum wage law. http://act.democracyforamerica.com/sign/impeach_lepage
- If you are a doctor, please call upon the AMA to rescind its endorsement of Tom Price for Secretary of Health and Human Services: https://www.change.org/p/american-medical-association-american-medical-association-rescind-endorsement-of-tom-price-for-secretary-of-hhs If you are not a doctor, please consider some of these other action items: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wqoZnjtVzR1B3kmpTx8by1kSV0y9KSMZQwUjyHHAob4/edit
- Here is the link to a Tea Party playbook from 2009 by the PAC called Right Principles. The document is called “Rocking the Town Halls – Best Practices”. http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/townhallactionmemo.pdf
- While Flint struggles to get adequate healthy water, Nestle pumps water from a Michigan aquifer for pennies. Your voice will make a real impact. Michigan is still accepting public comment until March 2017. Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org Here’s the story: http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/why_nestle_pays_next_to_nothin.html
- The Rockettes have been signed to perform at the inauguration. They are not all happy about this. Unfortunately they have no say in where/when they perform. But... there is something YOU can do. Tell Radio City that you don't support the decision and that you as a consumer believe they should reconsider. Flood their phones and email inbox. Do something outside of a Facebook rant. Take action. Email the following: feedbackradiocity@MSG.com and Call AGVA (American Guild of Variety Artists) as well at 212-675-1003. Make sure you express that if a Rock does not wish to perform, she shouldn't have to, and there should not be a repercussion."
- “How Extreme Politicians are Trying to Shut Down Planned Parenthood — And What You Can Do To Fight Back” https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/blog/how-extreme-politicians-are-trying-to-shut-down-planned-parenthood-and-what-you-can-do-to-fight-back
- Please join EarthJustice, a nonprofit environmental law organization, in opposing Jeff Sessions as U.S. Attorney General: https://secure.earthjustice.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1931&_ga=1.181135271.1625515243.1482521528