12/15/16 To-do List
There is no special way to attack this action list. If it seems overwhelming, just do the first two items to make it easier. If you have a little more time, do the third….and the fourth…. Or, choose items that speak to your heart. Some people cut and paste the list, print it off and take it with them so they can check items off while they are out and about during the day and just waiting or driving. Others click and do items as they work on their computer or phone. There is no right way to do this. Just do something! Remember, too, that many of the suggestions made on earlier days are still doable!
- Word has it that Sen. Pelosi wants to be able to approach President Obama with a significant number of citizens behind her when she asks for a delay in the Electoral College vote. Here is the link to contact her: http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact-us/ and here is a sample script: I am concerned about the influence foreign nation states may have had on this election. Accordingly, I urge Rep. Pelosi to reach out to President Obama a request a delay of the Electoral College vote.
- Picking the CEO of one of the largest and most environmentally destructive fossil fuel corporations in the world to serve as America's top diplomat is not only unprecedented, it's irresponsible and dangerous. The Sierra Club wants us to contact our senators and demand that they block this appointment of Rex Tillerson. https://sierra.secure.force.com/actions/National?actionId=AR0062873&id=70131000001DisJAAS&data=8c5858afc26c5c93d79bcaf54b7a2416318c5cb5097b1fad8bc4ba50fb651beb2f4d51c05bc268c345b3b75ce5c3d186&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sierraclub&utm_campaign=beyondoil
- Another anti-Tillerson petition from Sen. Martin Heinrich encouraging the Senate to reject him. With Tillerson’s billions wrapped up in Russia, his conflict of interest could endanger America's standing in the world. http://nm.martinheinrich.com/page/s/reject-donald-trump-s-secretary-of-state-nominee
- Call the White House and urge President Obama to declassify reports of Russian interference in November’s election before electors cast their votes next Monday. Here is the number to call: 855-999-1663. You can also leave a message here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
- Contact Jill Stein and ask her to use
any of her leftover recount funds to help defend Republican electors who
are considering "flipping" their Trump elector vote on Monday,
but are afraid of getting sued!! A lawyer is advising them for free but
has started a LEGAL DEFENSE fund for them! Use her contact page: http://www.jill2016.com/contact_us or email her at HQ@Jill2016.com and put your subject line in all caps,
such as: URGENT RECOUNT REQUEST. Here is a sample message:
Dear Ms. Stein:
I contributed to your recount fund and would like to urge you to immediately get in touch with Mr. R.J. Lyman to donate a significant portion of your unused recount funds to his efforts to defend Electoral College members who are afraid of being sued if they do not vote for Donald Trump On Dec. 19. Mr. Lyman is the lawyer quietly advising a couple dozen Republican electors — all deliberating individually — about their right to break with their states’ majority vote to oppose Trump.
There may be more than a few dissenters when the Electoral College meets Monday — but not currently enough to deny Donald Trump the presidency. That’s according to R.J. Lyman. Perhaps the required number of 37 Republican electors would come forward to flip their vote if they knew there was financial protection for them as these are not all wealthy people.
In light of the numerous recount issues and the Russian hacking, not to mention Mr. Trump's many conflicts of interest and being unfit to serve, the electors are our last chance at preventing a Trump presidency. Please give this your immediate and urgent attention TODAY
Thank you for your many efforts on behalf of voters everywhere.
- Good reading for future action: Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DzOz3Y6D8g_MNXHNMJYAz1b41_cn535aU5UsN7Lj8X8/preview#heading=h.he8mndfdfxw9
- Contact your US senators and representatives to ask that they demand that the electors be debriefed on the CIA information on Russian interference prior to Dec. 19, and to delay the electoral vote if that's not possible, given the time-frame. Find your legislators here: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page
- Contact the U.S. Attorney General and ask that the Electoral College vote be postponed until a full investigation of Russian interference and the Trump campaign's potential coordination with Russia is complete. You can reach the Attorney General's office at 202-514-2000 (Comment line...press 4)
- The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund is sponsoring a petition to stop the confirmation of Jeff Sessions who is anti-LGBT: http://www.grassrootsact.com/vf-fb-sessions
- Sign Sen. Al Franken’s open letter to Senate Republicans asking them to do their job and hold hearings on President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee: https://www.alfranken.com/landing/w1603sc/?subsource=WL-AF-SCO-A02-FB-FBLP.D-OCPM-US-PO2-BO-18p-T02-H02-I01
- Here is another cell phone campaign that you can you sign up for: To join the Daily Action group, text the word “DAILY” to the number 228466 (or “A-C-T-I-O-N”) today. You can also sign up at www.dailyaction.org Backstory here: http://www.vogue.com/13512847/daily-action-alerts-cell-phone-fight-trump/
- Here is a mobile campaign by ALF-CIO to you’re your legislators not to gut or privatize Medicare: http://aflcio.shpg.org/48/177551?link_id=2&can_id=154e534c000149396abc18cf07d5c554&source=email-we-delivered-your-petition-to-protect-medicare-now-share-this&email_referrer=we-delivered-your-petition-to-protect-medicare-now-share-this&email_subject=we-delivered-your-petition-to-protect-medicare-now-share-this